When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Opinion

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

5760rj

I live for the CABE
This is the scenario, have a newly repainted bike with original and rechromed assorries, have a pair of PaperBoy Ducks with no plating, can't remove reflectors for plating, but have seen decoy ducks used in hunting, what if these where two tone painted to match the theme of bike, as an example? other options?
20190618_113229.jpg

20190618_113303.jpg

I’m curious to see how they’d respond to a careful low speed buffing wheel. I know that would destroy the (perfect, IMO) patina, but that wasn’t the question.

You could test on the inside, before committing. Personally, I’d save these for another bike, and get some repro ones for the repainted bike.
You must have been a nanosecond ahead of me on the response! V/r Shawn

the "repro" ducks were made in the 50s I guess (maybe 60s) by a different company that bought the tooling

Yep put them on like that or buy new ones
thought about buffing but wrong metal to do this to, even using jeweler rouge green or red, dont like the newer ducks to buy another set, as for leaving them alone best idea as not to ruin their original condition, how about water base paint?

Last edited:
Back