When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Opinion

-
I have a set of these, and I wasn't overly happy with how they fit on the bars
bought a handelbar from Bob on one of his trips that were made in the 30s and it may sound nuts but these red reflector ducks fit very well on them VS. other newer 50s bars I have tried them on....

If you must do something to them use extra fine 0000 grade steel wool with wd40. That will take off the crust ( I think your concern) and smooth/shine them back a bit without any real damage to the metal or their appearance. Just make sure its 0000 (note FOUR OOOO'S) grade extra fine steel wool with a lubricate like wd40 and do it by hand.

DIY powder coat if the reflectors can take 400 F. for 10-15 minutes.
1560914932251.png

DIY powder coat if the reflectors can take 400 F. for 10-15 minutes. View attachment 1017342
did ask if any member had, no response. asked Scott because he had a pair and was looking for a reflector for one, but no luck and tryed letting them soak in acid tone to remove adhesive but no luck and to old, powder coat to risky, as I look at everything that I'll have on my bars and under which verys from 20s-50s, in assorries, chrome, nickel, plastic, rubber and assortment of color I think after waiting so long for these that because there not chrome it will be ok just the way they are, I would be sick if they were damaged during a process, I guess if they were chrome they would disappear along with everything else....

Maybe try, Tarn-X?
Follow the instructions on the bottle, and you may be surprised by the results.
Then polish up with some Flitz.
They were originally nickel plated, so they won’t be as bright as chrome.

Back