When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Options for rusted wheels and pealing chrome

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
When chrome peels it is gone. Ya have to look at the rest of the bike.Is it worth spending the money ? Bright shiny wheels will look silly on a beat up old bike.You could just buy a junker off CL and use the wheels.Does it have to be original wheels ?

Clean’em...paint them if you want and put on some repro white walls. Save and use rims and put your money in some tires! Cheap colored tires can make a so so ride pop!

Naw, It's $164 bucks a pair! "
Shipping:
$51.80. I wouldn't touch that crap wit your money. But these rims are trash too. That's why , in 50's and later, Murray got a junk repetition.. Not only not worth 'Restoring' But The nipples are probably not going to come off the spokes. Best route for these rims is just to get a girls bike from 60's and newer off craig's list for 30 bucks just for the wheels then beg a scrap man to take off the curb. Heck there's a girl early 60's my neighbor has been trying to give to me for 10 years. It aint worth the time and money to part out and ship.
"
You guys are just like the Jr. High students I taught. Thought that if you read the first sentence you'd get the whole story.

Here's what the seller states in his ad, and if you'd have scrolled down and read the particulars you'd have seen it at well. Copied and pasted from the Ebay ad. I changed the text color to red so you don't have to read anymore than is necessary.

RIMS Only. (tire pictured only to show profile)
Rims Only NO Tires

May have minor scratches and scuffs from sitting in my warehouse
over 20 years but still shiny and most likely better than what you've got
A pair of chrome drop center rims
size 26 inch.
36 hole standard cruiser rims.
Made for Columbia bikes but can be
used on ANY Schwinn, Colson , Shelby, Huffy, etc etc.
These fit all 26 inch Balloon tires
A bargain for the pair of rims
(2 rims included in purchase)

Don’t waste your time or money unless you like the way they currently look. You can’t easily do much to improve those. And if you haven’t respoked a wheel before I’d recommend you avoid that. That can be a whole world of frustration.
Find nicer stuff if you want nicer stuff.

Depends on what you want, I say, the look and feel you are needing. Been cleaning these triple steps, and I love the history they offer beneath the layers of paint and rust!

Back