When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Sold Orange Crush Door Push

-

cr250mark

Cruisin' on my Bluebird
Orange Crush Door Push.
Believe to be original not 100% please open to opinion.
Please research and study pictures
I purchased as Original ( maybe my bad )
Excellent graphics
Question Brings good price $65 shippedobo

21DB8D00-6C52-403F-A410-80A03CE6CDEA.jpeg

5739C2E5-467F-4231-A342-C65836759272.jpeg

621EDAF9-3C31-488C-9253-4B707254C50A.jpeg

87C5BFF7-0A17-4825-8BFF-A2E42F2E0272.jpeg

218B7B27-3C55-4B87-8E71-06B8A2548676.jpeg

C33ED97E-5738-46DD-9887-7A83A85E3352.jpeg

CF07CA34-0553-44CA-8D4E-602D1D22369E.jpeg

1B45C812-DFF2-431F-B9EE-3480D2692256.jpeg

C6B7A719-0DA8-4EDF-9ECF-31D9350ADD6A.jpeg

ACFABC4A-B298-46A7-956C-A0582F0393AD.jpeg

Last edited:
Curious how one would know if it's authentic or not? I know reproductions of things like that are getting better all the time. They even bury things like that in dirt to "age" things.

Sent from my Bell candlestick

Yes sadly it is one of the recently made ones foooding the market.
Wait, this is a Re-pop????? Best damn re- pop I've ever seen. Distortion of rivit OD, corrosion into the base material, rust stains in the chipped porciline. ..wow, they get props for doing g a crazy good job! I'm sure I would have purchased as OG. How big is this?

Bart

Wait, this is a Re-pop????? Best damn re- pop I've ever seen. Distortion of rivit OD, corrosion into the base material, rust stains in the chipped porciline. ..wow, they get props for doing g a crazy good job! I'm sure I would have purchased as OG. How big is this?

Bart

4x8” is the size.
You are right.
As i mentioned above was and still not 100% positive if repop or not. Still a cool ass sign .
Need to listen to others !
I believe the expertise in identifying original is not the way the sign looks or made anymore.
I’m starting to believe it’s the person and years or collecting knows what signs have been made , produced and displayed.
Simply experience in this field
Just like bikes , German WW11 items extc.
Lots of crafty people out there doing a good job of reproducing old items
Mark

Back in 70s my Mom worked at a local antique store. She says if you ask (if something is genuine) and the answer is "I'm not sure", that means it's fake.
What gets me is, for example, cast iron toy banks. Easy to tell fakes since they were using Phillips head screws. So they changed to slotted screws. Then they were too perfect, so they would bury them in mud so they would rust/corrode, beat with a hammer, etc.
@#%&#!!!!!
You have to be an expert to know real from fake! ALL and I mean ALL reproductions should be marked as reproduction on back, and I don't mean a little made in China sticker...permanently stamped! Otherwise it's no difference whatsoever than counterfeit money!!!!!
My wife collects antique Halloween items. I know one thing she paid $300 for was fake. It looked real, similar to this but "aged", but the bottom was clean, white.
0a7e407c898930dae525fe793ba0507a.jpeg

I heard a story recently of a real rare large old gas/oil sign (forget exactly what it was) that went for about $30,000. Apparently finally took a old longtime expert to give the guy the bad news it was fake. Too crazy out there for me. Luckily most of my prized possessions besides bikes, like a few old guitars, and some collectable smalls etc. were bought before the prices drew in the scammers. Most of my bike stuff comes from longtime collectors, ether here on the Cabe or friends. I have developed a good "eye" over the years, but like everyone is saying, just getting tougher. I recently bought a soda sign. Swear it's real, but I really like it even if it isn't. And I paid $10...that's what i'm talking about. Buy it because you like it.

Last edited:
I heard a story recently of a real rare large old gas/oil sign (forget exactly what it was) that went for about $30,000. Apparently finally took a old longtime expert to give the guy the bad news it was fake. Too crazy out there for me. Luckily most of my prized possessions besides bikes, like a few old guitars, and some collectable smalls etc. were bought before the prices drew in the scammers. Most of my bike stuff comes from longtime collectors, ether here on the Cabe or friends. I have developed a good "eye" over the years, but like everyone is saying, just getting tougher. I recently bought a soda sign. Swear it's real, but I really like it even if it isn't. And I paid $10...that's what i'm talking about. Buy it because you like it.
I agree! But buy it assuming it's fake!
I'd rather be pleasantly surprised later finding out it's authentic than other way around.
Paying $30,000 for a gas/oil sign only to discover it's fake...presented and sold to me as authentic, I'd be getting a refund!
If I liked the sign and paid $300...that's ok.
A few years ago I called a guy who was selling a rare car on eBay. I asked a few important questions pertaining to authenticity since I knew how it should be. I bid on the car and mysteriously he stopped the sale! Actually, lucky for me.
A few weeks ago I was in line paying for gas at a convenience store. Girl ahead of me handed clerk $100 bill. Just as clerk was about to use counterfeit detection pen girl says "I'm not sure if it's real", sure enough it was counterfeit. Clerk kept that bill, girl paid $6 cigarettes with ones and walked out. If I were that clerk I'd have called police!

As my signature always says "I don't know everything about anything" That said, where the colors meet, I thought the 2 dimensional look on some of the lettering leads to original. I am not a sign expert. I do have gas and oil signs I know are original BUT with all the bogus signs out there I am starting to hate them.

Back