When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Orange ( faded red? ) "Original paint" Delta Rocket Ray

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
A good body shop should be able to paint match even the faded paint, scan a sample of your tank.
Sounds quicker than waiting for one to come around here...

I already painted one to match ( a perfect match but not og ) but still hoping to find a OG one, no big deal to bump it up and a original orange/red will show up!, just like the Monark bearing cup shims I was looking for, everyone kept telling me how to make them, I had already made some a long time before to use till some og one showed up and after a couple of years they did!

Now I know what you mean mrg!
There is a 1955 Schwinn Hornet on ebay right now complete bike, and the faded red/orange Delta Rocket ray looks awesome on the bike.

Last edited:
small dent it was painted

0821211619-01.jpg

0821211619-00.jpg

Thanks I have that orange paint but I'm still looking for a original paint red faded to orange one!, about ready to take the original not faded red one I have and let it bake in the sun and fade but then I'll find a red bike in need of that light.

Thanks but those are repaints and I am still looking for a original paint one ( red faded to orange). I have been a painter for over 40 yrs so matching & painting one is no problem, I have that exact paint and have used it to paint other bikes but the rest of this bike is OG paint so would really like to find one, one will turn up!, Wow $175 for a chipped up repainted Rocket Ray.

Last edited:
Picked this up along the way somewhere but looks way too red, still waiting for the right red/orange fade!

Back