When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Orange Krate

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

Glenn Rhein

Cruisin' on my Bluebird
5D4F8EFD-E280-4F35-9BAF-D1749502D5FF.jpeg
Can anyone tell me the value of this bike? I believe it’s mostly original except the seat and rear tire. I might be making a trade and I need to know a fair value, Thanks

I would like to hear some opinions on it too. Seems like getting people to discuss value around here is like some kind of taboo. Good luck!

Last edited:
I'm no Krate expert at all, but I did have an Orange Krate when I was a kid. The color of that bike looks like it's Sunset Orange which would be on later model Krates than the trim on that bike (reverse color seat, no front fender) suggests. The color on a 68 model Krate would be Kool Orange which is a lighter color. Other than that, looks like it's in good condition. As far as value, I have no idea what these bring these days. Check ebay sales and subtract 25% and you'll be in the ballpark for normal face to face sales :).

It is not taboo to discuss prices but there are dozens of things that change the value. Location, buyer, seller, condition, originality, is it currently a hot bike, rarity, and on and on. For me the value wouldn't be much as I do not like Krates. Do not own one and do not like to ride them. My best advice is to seach EBay prices for recently sold bikes like yours. That is the most correct answer. If you really want to see its worth put it on EBay on a no reserve auction. That will give you that selling days answer. It is really a question that cannot be answered. Roger

He's looking to make a trade, not looking to sell. So selling on ebay with no reserve doesn't sound like an option.

Again, nobody seems to like to give values around here, unless it's maybe in a PM. And looking on eBay sold auctions, doesn't tell you much about your particular bike, unless is has the exact same parts and is in the same condition. I'm far from an expert, but I'll throw a number out there, maybe others will correct me and elaborate. I'd say $1,200 +/- $200

It also appears to have the Pogo seat post, which the early 68's came with and ended up being discontinued later in the year.

Well that gives me a starting point, thanks. Not really my kind of bike either but trading some stuff I don’t need and my grandson might really like it...

Back