When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Origin of the balloon tire (research)

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
for a research paper only actual printed sources matter. I can’t exactly cite as a source “some guy on a forum page said so”

“ASC introduced A balloon tire... and frankly, to their great credit, they popularized this type of tire. But it existed previously” considering what the topic of the research paper I’m gonna write, yeah that’s kinda the point

It’s of no personal concern to me whether or not schwinn introduced the tires or not, but rather if I can find actual citable sources either way. You have a whole bicycle literature library from what I’ve heard, if you can find textual sources for your claims i will more than gladly use them to write.
Ahhhh. This must be an example of that new-age thinking popular with folks born after the Apollo Moon Landing. Apparently it says in order to get someone to help you (especially when you are ignoring examples cited that exist in the real world), the person doing your work for you must first be insulted! Good idea.

There won't be any more responses for obvious reasons. But I can tell you that someone who has been writing, publishing, researching and collecting on this subject longer than anyone breathing today is not merely "some guy on a forum page"... any more than Virgil Cole was just another cowboy.

It’s of no personal concern to me whether or not schwinn introduced the tires or not, but rather if I can find actual citable sources either way.
Nice capstone topic. Hopefully the various historical ephemera and CABE tire, rim pics can be useful supportive exhibits to primary literature. Good to see that you are not vested in a predetermined conclusion of research question. I'm sure your project and resulting evidence based conclusion (even if inconclusive) will be excellent addition to the field. 👍👍👌👌

Ahhhh. This must be an example of that new-age thinking popular with folks born after the Apollo Moon Landing. Apparently it says in order to get someone to help you (especially when you are ignoring examples cited that exist in the real world), the person doing your work for you must first be insulted! Good idea.

There won't be any more responses for obvious reasons. But I can tell you that someone who has been writing, publishing, researching and collecting on this subject longer than anyone breathing today is not merely "some guy on a forum page"... any more than Virgil Cole was just another cowboy.
I find it surprising that you think your first response didn’t come off rude and condescending, but I guess that’s just how some members of your generation act towards members of mine.

Thanks for all the sources you provided that I can use for my project ;)

In a parallel universe there exists THE original and undisputed “Balloon Bicycle Tire” for all to see, but for now we’ll just have to keep talking about it until we’re blue in the face.

How about this ballooner fatty? (Caber bike not sure of current owner) Is it anywhere near what we are talking about, or have we not whittled it down enough yet to determine what a balloon tire "is"? @Boris Do you have anything to add?
1680445509099.jpeg

Back