When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Original 1930s Junior Toy Co. SKY KING VELOCIPEDE Tricycle for sale

-

burningincense

On Training Wheels
tri2.jpg
tri3.jpg
tri4.jpg
tri5.jpg
tri5.jpg
velo6.jpg
tri7.jpg
tri8.jpg
velo11.jpg
tri12.jpg
tri13.jpg
tri14.jpg
velo15.jpg
velo19.jpg
tri16.jpg
velop5.jpg
For sale is an ORIGINAL 1930s Sky King Velocipede tricycle made by the Junior Toy Company. This is a very rare and iconic tricycle that is one of the shining stars of tricycle & bicycle collections. This particular Sky King was purchased new around 1935 and the girl who rode it originally, kept it all these years and decided it was now time for a new home for the Sky King.
The condition is amazing for a tricycle almost 85 years old. It was always garaged and taken care of. It has the original 12" front hard tire and original hard rubber rear tires. The coolest thing has to be the glass headlight with the on/off switch on top of handle bars. A super modern design in the streamlined art deco style.
Out of the very few I have seen online, none have been in this good of condition. It still has the original rubber seat cushion. Like every one I have seen, it is missing the hand grips which were made from a type of rubber that disintegrated a long time ago. Also the small red & green glass front handle bar reflectors are missing. With a little research I am sure you can track down old replacements. The body is excellent with only one slight dent to inside right fender. It is a very light bow that could easily be fixed with just a little brute force. Otherwise body is excellent. Normally these are completely rusted, missing all the rubber tires, headlight and broken rims.
The headlight is a very basic system and you can see by the photos the wires are there but have come unattached. Could easily be made to work again. Has the original glass domed headlight. Has just a small chip but not cracked.
When you look close you can see that the paint was touched up in spots, but this was probably done about 65-70 years ago in the 1950s. The majority of the wear & tear on the bike would have been from 1930s - 1940s where it would have sustained scratches and wear and probably touched up soon after. This tricycle was ridden by a girl and they lived on a farm so I'm guessing it didn't see the same type of wear a kid in the "city" would have put it through. I was told by the woman who owned when it was new that she does have photos of herself on it around 1935 or 1936 and I am hoping to get them.
This is really a very hard to find tricycle that seems to be the one everyone is looking for. You could go your whole life trying to find one and have a hard time, especially one like this in this condition.
Please contact me if you have any questions or need to see photos of a particular part of the Sky King. It will be expertly packed and shipped in a very secure and protected box.
Price is $2400 plus $75.00 shipping. I will have to purchase wood and build a crate which is very time consuming and then the cost to ship it. I live in Wisconsin and can arrange to pick it up in person.

Note: this is going for sale tonight in a few different places including Facebook and Craigslist. I am offering it here first before it gets listed on Ebay . It will be a higher price there since I'll have over $200 in fees.
Thanks for reading and again please contact me if you have any questions.
[email protected]

Note - will not ship outside the US but as a buyer outside the US if you want to arrange for a company to pack it and ship it then that is ok.

vtest.jpg
vtest.jpg

tri2.jpg

tri3.jpg

tri4.jpg

tri5.jpg

tri5.jpg

velo6.jpg

tri7.jpg

tri8.jpg

velo11.jpg

tri12.jpg