When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Reduced Original 1939 Schwinn Dealer poster Museum quality framed -Schwinn Museum

-
Price
Payment Terms
US currency
Zipcode

bobcycles

Riding a '38 Autocycle Deluxe
Price drop on the Schwinn Poster... 3200.00 framed conservation matting,
(acid free etc) UV protective acrylic plexi..
or
2200.00 unframed.

Poster does show signs of wear especially the outer edges, but adds to the
unquestionable authenticity in a world littered with reproductions and fakes
of just about anything of merit or worth.

and more notes from the owner---

"This rare poster in particular has the provenance of originally coming from
the Schwinn family collection/museum once run and operated by Jim Hurd.
First time available since purchase roughly 25 years ago during the liquidation
and subsequent auction of the Museums holdings at auction and through private
buys back in the mid 1990s."

Serious inquiries only and I'll provide the owners contact info.

Listing for a non Caber/ not much computer member here locally in So Cal. Originally
purchased in the mid 90's from Jim Hurd who ran the Schwinn basement museum
in Chicago, a neat place if you ever got to visit, I did once. These posters are quite
scarce and are full sheet almost Movie Poster size. My buddy had this framed some
years back at considerable expense, double archival matting, UV plexi and a custom
frame molding ordered. Poster definitely shows it's age with creases, minor blems
and small tears...all pretty minor considering the size. Very scarce poster and even
more rare than some of the other advertising pieces that pop up from time to time,
lighted signs etc. This did come from the Schwinn family collection that was housed
at the Chicago museum location. Can safely be shipped thankfully due to plexi as opposed to glass being
used here. He is asking 3500.00 for it as it sits framed. Serious interested parties
and I'll put you in direct contact with the owner and you can go from there.
[email protected]
or PM here..

poster.jpg

poster1.jpg

Last edited:
The Schwinn Basement Museum run by Jim Hurd was actually secured on the "second floor" of a building about a block away from the 217 Jefferson headquarters each time I visited.

Jim shipped me several of the museum bicycles for displays at dealer awards banquets. The Le Torneur (sp?) world record Paramount was one of the bikes we displayed.

John

Back