When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Original Antique Motor Cycle Tyre Poster

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Price
Zipcode

Jesse McCauley

McCauley Cycle Works
Excellent original early 20th century “Dunlop Motor Cycle Tyres” dealer poster on heavy thick stock. This poster has it all: color, detail and information in great large format.

These photos do not do this piece justice- extra vivid color and graphics with subject matter that really can't be beat.
Impress your sign buddies, your motorcycle buddies, maybe even your wife will appreciate it!

A few things to consider:
- The use of the two word phrase “Motor Cycle” as used early on in the tradition.
- The wide variety of sizes and trends offered, also a feature of early and expanding market of MC.
- The illustration showing both the cutaway tire AND rim offers a scarce and often overlooked resource.
- The primary use of button tread with grooved tread options gives a round interpretation of available tires.
- Finally worth mentioning that Dunlop has always had an international sales presence and the use of American Standard measurements on this poster lead me to believe this was produced specifically for the US market.

This is a guaranteed original piece with a number of minor flaws and small notes shown by previous shop hands over the last 100+ years.

No touch ups, no noteworthy damage, just character. I have played with a few frame options but haven’t found the perfect fit yet, as of now unframed.

Dimensions : 19 3/4” x 28 1/2”
Shown in a few lights / angles while not giving enough detail to make this a poster plausibly reproduced to anywhere near appropriate quality.
Located in Richmond, VA but I travel widely -

I am planning a couple bike pick-up trips coming up soon so hand-off is possible to avoid the shipping hazards and expense.
Shipping is available if necessary and will be the responsibility of the buyer though I will pack securely on my dime.

Payment via PayPal preferred, other options can be discussed

$1,000 USD - open to trade on excellent gear

Dunlop Motor Cycle Tyres1.jpg

Dunlop Motor Cycle Tyres2.jpg

Dunlop Motor Cycle Tyres3.jpg

Dunlop Motor Cycle Tyres4.jpg

Dunlop Motor Cycle Tyres5.jpg

Dunlop Motor Cycle Tyres6.jpg

Back