When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

ORIGINAL ARTWORK FROM "50 YEARS OF SCHWINN-BUILT BICYCLES" - 1st of 2 lots being sold as one

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

lorne-shields

Look Ma, No Hands!
Just (in my ancient history) over 25 years ago I was at the Leslie Hindman Auction of the Schwinn family bicycle collection in Chicago. The actual date was April 6, 1997. I was paddle #58 (still have it!). At the time I had planned on bidding on about 120 miscellaneous Ephemera and Memorabilia lots. The auctioneer made an announcement that any lots you care to bid on will be valued at the price you put down. Nothing related ore lowered to any underbidder price. AS AN EXAMPLE ONLY >>> If one item was ascribed to bid at $840 than that is the price he or she paid; even if the next lowest price was $25. A change of plans was implemented.

I decided to only bid on the one lot I could locate with the drawings from Schwinn’s 50 Years book. I put in a very substantial bid even knowing that all the drawings were not there. To me the lot contained the most important artistic cycling images from the book itself. On top of that it seemed to be the most important 20th century Americana cycling of art.

These scenes were used with the bells and lots of other Schwinn advertisements over the years. One sketch I was missing at the time was the Wright Bros. aircraft sketch. I wound up acquiring it about 5 years later on.
SIMPLE list of the images acquired and missing (as per the page number in the book).
1) HERE are the line drawings I DO have: 12 - 13 - 14 - 15 - 23 – 24 - 25 - 39 - 54 - 55
2) HERE are the line drawings I do NOT have: 7 - 8 - 9 - 16 – 17 - 27- 30 - 31 - 38 - 82 - 83 - 84 - 85 -

LOT two is the artistic boards for setting up the pages. All the pictures are original artwork. This other artwork comes together with 1st lot.
I am coming to the International Cycle History Conference in July at Indianapolis IN and The Wheelmen National Meet, also in July at Geary Indiana. Will be travelling as well through New York State and possibly Mass in May.

IMPORTANT ... the photos attached were taken in a slightly darkened room and have a slight sepia tone. The originals are as the final two pictures on the thread. These were an unedited scan. Thanks for looking!

I am asking $10,500 for this unique lot. If it does not sell I will consider breaking it up. Feel free to write.

PLEASE SEE THE NEXT POSTING AS WELL WHICH IS INCLUDED IN THIS OFFERING.

Feel free to contact me.

LORNE SHIELDS ..... [email protected] or [email protected]
Cell ~ 416-568-5495

O-12-a_IMG_3077.JPG

O-13-b_IMG_3074.JPG

O-14-a_IMG_3073.JPG

O-15-b_IMG_3066.JPG

O-15-b_IMG_3070.JPG

O-23-b_IMG_3063.JPG

O-24-a_IMG_3058.JPG

O-25-b_IMG_3064.JPG

O-39-b_IMG_3080.JPG