When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Original Elgin Twin 60 tank

-

oskisan

I live for the CABE
Looking for an original Elgin twin (chrome with patina) tank. Please PM me if you have one you are willing to part with.

Thanks,
Ken

The tank shown pictured here is certainly not a "Twin 60" tank. Rather, it is a special Elgin Twin-Bar Holiday Edition tank. Twin 60 tanks were never chrome plated with reflectors.

I can assure you that we have the records of all models of Elgin Twin-Bar bicycles. I started collecting literature on Elgin Twin-Bars in the 1950s. I was also the first collector to have all models of Twin-Bars several decades ago. Even have an original movie about the Elgin Twin-Bar 60.

Here is a photo of my Elgin Twin-Bar 60 taken in the 1970s...

Leon Dixon
National Bicycle History Archive of America
(NBHAA.com)

ElginTwin-Bar60Leon's.jpg

Hey Joe,

You are absolutely correct...It is not called "most reliable" but "finest equipped". I should have looked at the ad I have saved to remember what this bike is called again... seems like I keep wanting to call it "most reliable" for some reason. Kind of funny, but this thing is actually not as nicely equipped as the twinn 60 with the leaf spring saddle and bluebird stem, oh yes- and the tank!

-Ken

Back