When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Original green phantom

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Might want to open up the tank, headlight cover, and taillight to make sure there aren't any old batteries in it and to determine the condition of the electrics. V/r Shawn

@WES PINCHOT

Wes can make you a new key. The key only comes out if it's locked with the wheel turned to the far right. Wes can possibly tell you the easiest way to remove the broken off key.

I would just do some cleaning.....no touch ups, no steel wool.....If it was mine, because it has the fore brake I would probably be comfortable in the $1,200 range + - a tad

P.S. I would absolutely love to have that 51 Detroit license on it should you want to part with it.

I would just do some cleaning.....no touch ups, no steel wool.....If it was mine, because it has the fore brake I would probably be comfortable in the $1,200 range + - a tad

P.S. I would absolutely love to have that 51 Detroit license on it should you want to part with it.

What would you pay for the plate

@WES PINCHOT

Wes can make you a new key. The key only comes out if it's locked with the wheel turned to the far right. Wes can possibly tell you the easiest way to remove the broken off key.
THAT IS CORRECT, BUT DON'T ATTEMPT TO DRILL OR PRY THE KEY OUT.
YOU CAN DO MORE DAMAGE THAN GOOD.

IF YOU OR YOUR BUYER WANT A SMOOTH BRASS KEY CUT TO FIT THE CYCLE LOCK
OR THE BROKEN KEY REMOVED OR LOCK REPAIR, I CAN HELP!
EMAIL ME DIRECT AT [email protected]
WES PINCHOT

I bought an original "green" phantom ($1,500)
The owner repainted the green, replaced
the tires. He did a good job.

But if I had to do it again, I would have chosen your phantom "as is" and be very happy knowing that this is an untouched original
with all the imperfections.
Don't mess with steel wool.
Dust it off & lubricate the parts as needed .

Last edited:
If you have any plan to sell it, take the basket off, if the bike falls over it could be significantly damaged by the basket. And CAREFULLY check the light and tank for batteries and then stop messing with it...otherwise, you are going to throw $100 bills away...as far as worth, I bought one for 800, would have rather bought yours for 1200 and it could go for up to 1500 or more but that is if you leave it alone...and it is not exactly the prime time to sell (end of summer-school bills) so price may not reach the peak...

Back