When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Original Luxury Liner paint?

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

Kstone

Wore out three sets of tires already!
Hey there,

I grew up around these bikes thanks to my mom and her friend who ran the Mostly Muscle Bikes Museum in CT. It's something I really missed after I grew up and moved away....and I'm now getting back into these bikes and reopening/growing my old collection from my childhood.

I've spent last year trying to restore and find parts for a Roadmaster Luxury Liner that I found from a family contact while at college in Baltimore.

While living near Bicycle Heaven in Pittsburgh, I've begun to restore her this winter to match a few of Craig's luxury liners in his collection. My bike had some cheap tape over her stream lines and as I took that off I found what I thought was some after-factory white paint on top of my original red stream lines. I stripped one stream line of the white...And was planning to go full steam ahead until I stumbled into a photo online I hadn't seen before. Suddenly I'm questioning what is the original paint job of this bike and would love any thoughts or suggestions on what I'm looking at and what direction I should go in.
This is my bike in question...

8361_zpsnm6mufq4.jpg

IMG_20170105_141240223_zpsifkbtovf.jpg

And this is my progress/ confusion. Below is what I thought was the original paint in the bottom stream line, the middle is the white I found, and top is the untouched tape.
IMG_20170105_140111521_zpsok3pykji.jpg

Now. I was restoring it to match the paint job of this bike, which I have seen commonly.

10740201_1_x_zpstbo0mscy.jpg

But I've stumbled into this photo...And realized that the white I've been stripping might be original? I also found some faint red on the top corners of the tank but hadn't thought anything of it until now.

I had the same tape stripes and stream lines down the back end of the frame above the back tire which did not have white paint under them but did appear to once have had red stripes. I'm wondering if anyone has knowledge of this red and white tanked luxury liner being an original. And if so, if anyone has thoughts on what the back of the frame should be painted as well.

And hey, since I'm here and asking a million questions already. Can anyone ballpark a year on her? I'm assuming mid to late 50's?

44693262_1_x_zps0uxu5dw9.jpg

I know I have to do some repainting, as she's missing color on her chain guard and such. Just weary to continue forward until I get a better understanding on what's original. I've spent alot of time researching the bike but haven't gotten far. Hoping someone might have more knowledge on this topic who can steer me in the right direction!

Thank you all!

IMG_20170105_141240223.jpg

IMG_20170105_140111521.jpg

10740201_1_x.jpg

44693262_1_x.jpg

8361.jpeg

AMF's had the old cwc stamping on the BB through '56, so a bike from that year would be stamped 56 Cw. I don't know about the stripes though.

Back