When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Original Or Reproduction

-

Phattiremike

Cruisin' on my Bluebird
image.jpg
I found this in an antique has some wear but very clean. Was told it came from a Schwinn store out of West Islip NY. Owner told me he received it from the original owner At Sally's bicycle shop.

They do make a repro of that with "worn edges". What size is it. The repros are about 12 x 16. Looks right to me but unless I have it in my own hands can't say for sure. Signs can be tricky.

Stoney I'll have to find something to measure or with I'm on vacation and not at home. Other bike shops I visited today knew of Sally's bike shop. Awesome sign vibrant colors most of the wear is on the back side.
Appreciate your input!

WOW... BLAST FROM THE PAST..I THINK I KNEW THAT BIKE SHOP.. I WENT TO SCHOOL IN E ISLIP....WHAT STUMPS ME IS THE MOUNT HOLES...THAT.... IN MOST CASES ..HAVE A GROMMET...IVE NEVER SEEN THIS ONE IN RE POP FORM...AS ....AND IF THATS THE REAL DEAL...AT THAT PRICE HE OR SHE KNOW WHAT THEY HAVE...IF NOT HE OR SHE WERE TAKEN...PLEASE KEEP US POSTED ON THIS ONE...CAUSE IF ITS REAL ...MORE THE LIKELY THE BEST EXAMPLE WE ARE GONNA SEE . OPPS STONY YA RIGHT THESE WERE RE DONE ....SORRY THOSE DABS WILL DO IT TO YA

Rudy, I grew up in LI too. There is none of that worn edge look. All of the signs ( repops) I have are 12" x18". So how do I know for sure I paid $250 but will be around for a few more days so if I can confirm its a repop back it will go, this was advertised as an original and with the dealers personal connection to the owner he had me.
Mike

Not sure on size, but yes it has worn fake patina edges. My sister bought it for me years ago from a Cracker Barrel store.

Back