When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Original Or Reproduction

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
WELL MIKE YOU MIGHT BE ON TO SOMETHING HERE ....UNLESS...AND I DONT KNOW..COULD HAVE BEEN DONE IN THE MID NINETIES WHEN SCHWINN REPRODUCED THE PHAMTON..THATS JUST A GUESS...SIMPLY BECAUSE ...WELL...ITS IN MINT SHAPE..PERHAPS A PHOTO OF THE BACK OF THE SIGN WOULD SHED SOME LIGHT...YOUR ARE MORE THEN HALFWAY THERE..AS TO FINDING A BEAUTIFUL ORG. SIGN...NOW CAN THE SCHWINN GUYS AND GIRLS CHIME IN ON WHAT YEAR THAT TYPE OF LETTERING OR FONT WAS USED...IN THE ADVERTISING END OF THINGS HAVE FUN ON THE ISLAND MIKE (KEEP IT REAL) RUDY

You know the old saying,
"If it looks too good to be true, then it usually is."
It is a little different than the usual repops, but it just looks so frickin clean that it doesn't look like it's been around since the 50s.
My gut says, reproduction, but it does make for a nice decoration piece, so I'm thinking hang on to it and enjoy having something slightly different than everyone else's, and who knows?
It might just be the real McCoy in phenomenal original condition.

You know the old saying,
"If it looks too good to be true, then it usually is."
It is a little different than the usual repops, but it just looks so frickin clean that it doesn't look like it's been around since the 50s.
My gut says, reproduction, but it does make for a nice decoration piece, so I'm thinking hang on to it and enjoy having something slightly different than everyone else's, and who knows?
It might just be the real McCoy in phenomenal original condition.
Well, you can give them a call and see what the story is on em.....
4b402af1a074943d37dd674c5ce6d100.png

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Would love to see if someone has one they purchase that is an original and matches this one or a repop that that was purchased that matches this one. There is wear and scratches. It's my understanding the shop is no longer in business. When I get back to the island I will further explore. As nice as it is I'm not paying $250 for a reproduction.
Really hoping someone has one that is a match either way.

Mike

Were the originals made of sheet aluminum? The re-made ones by Schwinn in the 90's were aluminum, not sheet steel.

I've got one of the reproductions and it's made out of tin/steel.

I just left a message with Chad over at Maple Island.
I'll let you know what his price is on the reproduction, so that you've got a better idea of how much the refund is going to be.

Last edited:
Back