When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Original Or Reproduction

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Ok,
Chad just called back, and he sold Maple Island about four years ago, but he said his price on that sign then was about $30 dollars.

Ok,
Chad just called back, and he sold Maple Island about four years ago, but he said his price on that sign then was about $30 dollars.
So absolutely a repo?! I'll bring that back Wednesday! I can't find it anywhere on the internet. Hate to return it only to find out otherwise.

Looks exactly like the one shown in post #14. I'd almost guarantee this to be repo. V/r Shawn

How about a photo of the backs of the one you have and a known repop one. I doubt the repop ones were concerned how the back looked.

The back has some light scratches. I'll take a picture tomorrow when I get back on Long Island. I'm bumbed out but before I travel back to ATL I'm going back to the antique store for a refund!

Were the originals made of sheet aluminum? The re-made ones by Schwinn in the 90's were aluminum, not sheet steel.
I've got one of the reproductions and it's made out of tin/steel.

I just left a message with Chad over at Maple Island.
I'll let you know what his price is on the reproduction, so that you've got a better idea of how much the refund is going to be.
Does your repop sign have 4 small holes or grommets for mounting. The maple island photo of the repop does not show me detail from my iPhone. Also is the back of yours painted or bare metal?
Thanks Mike

I've got one of the reproductions and it's made out of tin/steel.

I just left a message with Chad over at Maple Island.
I'll let you know what his price is on the reproduction, so that you've got a better idea of how much the refund is going to be.
Cycling day, help me out please! On the Maple Island sign there's a bold slash of color under the letter B in bicycles. Mine doesn't have that? I don't have access to a computer does your repop have that? And is yours painted on the back.
Mike

Looks exactly like the one shown in post #14. I'd almost guarantee this to be repo. V/r Shawn
Shawn, I don't have computer access, the Maple Island Sign has a slash of color under the letter B mine does not when time allows today can you relook at maple island repop and see if there is that color. I hate to return if it's an original and respect your knowledge.

Mike

Shawn, I don't have computer access, the Maple Island Sign has a slash of color under the letter B mine does not when time allows today can you relook at maple island repop and see if there is that color. I hate to return if it's an original and respect your knowledge.

Mike
Mike,
I'm blocked from accessing the Maple Island site from my work computer so I can't get a better look. What is the size of your sign? The Maple Island is 15" wide by 20" high. Since Marty actually has a repo he could best help you determine if yours is a repo or not. V/r Shawn

Back