When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Original owner early Toledo trike..

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
-a
~
%
z

mickeyc

Cruisin' on my Bluebird
Bought this from the original old lady owner today. See photos. Sticker (decal?) on both front and rear say "Toledo Super Quality Bike".
Amazing condition. Front wheel measures 20" dia, rears are 14" dia. Tried Google...with the rat trap pedals, I'm thinking teens. Gendron made? I don't think it needs a thing. All tires are still good. I'm not even going to clean it. Only thing missing is one hub cap.
Any ideas on value would be greatly appreciated.

Mike

IMG_2675.JPG

IMG_2676.JPG

IMG_2677.JPG

IMG_2678.JPG

IMG_2679.JPG

IMG_2680.JPG

IMG_2681.JPG

IMG_2682.JPG

IMG_2683.JPG

IMG_2684.JPG

IMG_2685.JPG

IMG_2686.JPG

Toledo Metal Wheel history information from tricyclefetish: "American National was formed in 1925 as a holding company for Toledo Metal Wheel, National Wheel and American Wheel. In 1927, American National acquired Gendron Wheel Company and produced tricycles under the names of American-National, Toledo, Gendron, Pioneer, Skippy, Express, Reliance, Hi-Speed, Hi-Way, Speed King, Blue Streak, Sampson, American, and Streamline. Each company had their own products and catalogs."

The long spring style saddle, but still having rat trap pedals, puts this Toledo right around the time the company came under the American National umbrella or probably just before. A teens tricycle would have had the same style saddle top only with short springs. It is in a very well preserved condition, especially the seat covering and plating on the spring chassis and other plated parts. She must have stored it away in an area that was fairly dry and not in a damp basement or outdoor storage shed, or barn. If you happen to see the lady again perhaps you could see if she remembers around what year she received the tricycle. Thanks for sharing the photos. You have a very nice collector trike there.

Dave

Last edited:
Nice trike, anytime you have rat-trap pedals on a trike ..... I like it.
Every parts on this trike have aged perfectly, great patina.

My first trike. Was surprised to find it at flea market. Lady was selling all of her "stuff". Said she kept the trike in her living room for years. Was very sad to sell it. I didn't ask when she got it, but she said it was hers as a child. Don't think she got it new though, she wasn't that old, probably in her 80s.

Mike

Back