When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

original paint 1955 Schwinn flying star ..2 speed bendix rear

-
Price
Zipcode

jmastuff

Finally riding a big boys bike
original paint 1955 schwinn straightbar flying star..has 2 speed bendix..shifts as it should, brakes a little weak...original spitfire tires hold air, they do have checking and some splits..only part that may not be original is the handlebar neck and possibly handlebars..eveything else looks factor, has correct mounting hardware,,no replacements..has nice shine with some scrapes here and there..nice S7 rims, could use cleaned some...fenders have some dings, nothing serious...nice easy pedaling original 65 year old bike

100_1397.JPG

100_1405.JPG

100_1402.JPG

100_1403.JPG

100_1404.JPG

100_1406.JPG

100_1407.JPG

100_1400.JPG

100_1399.JPG

100_1398.JPG

100_1408.JPG

I'm totally confused. The 1955 and 56 Flying Star was a single bar frame and in 57 it went to a cantilever frame. Never seen a straight bar Flying Star.
Maybe a 1956 Spitfire with a late 1955 serial number? Very nice clean piece but not a Flying Star.

I’m with Gary on this. 55-56 was the open style frame. The 56 I had was a single bar like the pic shown here. This is a very clean bike for sure. Maybe they just threw on a Flying Star guard at the factory because it happened to be sitting there or nearby. Things like this did happen.

dont know for sure but it is clean,was never taken apart, all hardware is correct...on the above catalog page..you can read the consumer catalog depicts a straigthbar version of the flying star that ? .............. do you have a picture of the complete catalog page? so i can read what whole sentence says? ...the serial number is S59613

Says it shows a 56 as a straightbar but never existed. I’ll see if I can find the pic Gary is referring to.

sounds like a 65 chevelle Z06 super sport slipping thru the assembly line as a Malibu!

Beautiful bike. I believe that one used to be mine. Did you happen to buy it out of California? I sold it to a guy up near chico, ca a couple of years ago.

know, i am in Pa. was yours a straight bar flying star? seams the catalogs say 1955 and 56 were single top bar,

Back