When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

original paint 1955 Schwinn flying star ..2 speed bendix rear

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Price
Zipcode
just when u think they were playin by the rules somthing happens,lot of 55 an56 came with the 2 spd manual,the american even came with a 2 spd and front rim brakes,

1955 Catalog
Note the 24" frame

1597969894645.png

1956 Catalog

1597970068456.png

Reactions: JLF
The one I posted a pic of is a 24". Who knows what happens now and then. I can't believe that these are all bogus Flying Stars. Maybe just a few anomalies. Because a brochure doesn't confirm them doesn't mean they can't exist.

The one I posted a pic of is a 24". Who knows what happens now and then. I can't believe that these are all bogus Flying Stars. Maybe just a few anomalies. Because a brochure doesn't confirm them doesn't mean they can't exist.

Very possible, but it's real easy to swap out a chain guard on these few too. It takes nothing compared to the work it took for all the Corvette 5 speeds that had the spoke protectors change out to the 1964 big chrome piece. There were so many half the world thought those were factory issue.

24" 1955 Flying Star
Before:

After (made to match the 20 & 26" ones I have)

No DX or straightbar style here.
This 24 is the third one I have had. First one got destroyed, second one ended up too pitted in a couple of areas to re-build.
REC

i have come to the conclusion my flying star is a prototype worth 3 times the asking price!! only one in existence!

Back