When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Original paint Blue Aerocycle

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Very nice for sure ….
I have one question/request … all Aerocycles I have seen always have had the tank on the bike … Does anyone have a photo of one without the tank so we can get a visual on how the top tube design looks like … all photos in research always shows with tank … thanks everyone….👍🇺🇸
Search Aerocycle in the classifieds “complete bike” section, there is a green one in there for sale missing the tank.

Very nice for sure ….
I have one question/request … all Aerocycles I have seen always have had the tank on the bike … Does anyone have a photo of one without the tank so we can get a visual on how the top tube design looks like … all photos in research always shows with tank … thanks everyone….👍🇺🇸
One on eBay without a tank

Just a theory but I’m betting the non-standard color Aerocycles were probably sold through ChiCyCo. Either them or Louisville Cycle Supply were the two companies that could leverage Schwinn at that time to produce bikes to their specifications. Like I said just a theory. My favorite so far is Chauncey’s orange bike. V/r Shawn

Fabulous, original blue and ivory Aerocycle.
My personal favorite of the optioned color choices, is the special dark red/maroon, Hearst Aerocycle.
If I remember right, it’s decaled as a Lincoln, which plays into Shawn’s theory of special color options from the cycle supply houses.

Very nice for sure ….
813e9a6f-bf53-4f97-9ffe-bce1866a6267-jpeg.jpg

I know I'll get banned and beaten for this comment, but without the zeppelin style motorcycle tank, I really can't get excited about the design of the frame and overall look of the Schwinn Aerocycle. Even the rack is somewhat generic to several early Schwinn models if I recall. The seat tube was an issue breaking at the bottom bracket so even the integrity of the frame is questionable? This is my opinion only. With the tank, it's KILLER. I wish I had one. "No tank, no tanks". ( see below if you choose to read on) Ha! Historically it's a milestone too!

Diamond shaped frames are utilitarian and although some have unique style and creative elements ( hygenic mono shock for one), they remind me of the lions share of Canadian ( I grew up with mostly boring styled bikes in Canada until late 60's early 70's muscle bikes) American and European bicycles from the teens upward ( yawn..). That's why racers and BMX don't appeal to me. Now certain ones have special traits that make them cool, or fast, or light, and I can appreciate that. To each their own.

Until the mid 30's bikes ('34 balloon tires) that revolutionized design with the streamlined motif (I could quote from page #59 in the "50 Years of Schwinn Built Bicycles"/The Bicycle has a change of appearance) and using aeroplane, auto, motorcycle lines, names, and artwork: Motorbike, Aerocycle, Autocycle, Cycleplane, art deco......etc., Then Spaceliner, Rocket this, Jet that, Super deluxe,......Peel this, wheelie that, Slick here, apehanger there, stickshift, disc, red line, raised letters, candy paint, triple chrome, race stripes.

I know there are hundreds of wild designs and beautiful bicycles without tanks or gimmicks ( a late buddy of mine used to say "No tanks, no tanks ( as in no thanks)". The draw to me on vintage bicycles are the motorcycle, aeroplane, space ship, Hot Rod relationship that started in the 30's and petered out in the 70's. The imagination to tie bicycle design with popular motorized forms of transportation, with an attitude is just cool and fun!! Cutting through the wind like a locomotive, car or motorcycle, Jetting into space ( or school), or tearing up the road home for dinner. Laying a patch of rubber by Dad's car!!

I talked to Daryl Harris over the phone in the 1990s and asked if he had Whizzers for sale. He couldn't ride them because of old age but he sits on them. That's me in 20 more years? I rebuilt 12 Whizzer generators a few years ago and the box had his name and address on it. What happen to all the stuff he saved from the dumpster?

Back