When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Original Paint Elgin Bluebird

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Too expensive for a $44.95 bike...;)

1936Searspg559_zpsde53d9ef-1.jpg

I'm a hobbit at just under 5' 8", but I rode mine for the first time at the Cyclone Coasters Sears ride this year, and it rode just great! Smooth, solid, and nice geometry. If you're a big galoot (sorry fordmike) or lummox, yes, the bluebird will be cramped, but compared to my other vintage 30s & 50s ballooners, it's a great riding bike!

027.JPG

BBs AT LB RIDE.JPG

I was thinking 14,500ish. I'd love to have it but it's not in the cards at this time.

That may even be a bit bullish Chris, the Jesse James bluebird only brought $13,800 + 200 shipping and did not have rear stay damage or repro fender ornament. After fees, the seller cleared less than $12,500. The paint was slightly better too... don't get me wrong, this is a very nice bike, but for my money, and I'm not a player here by the way, to get past $12,500 I would want orig. fender ornament and no damage to the frame. Even though it's only the rear stays, the frame on that bike is totally unique and every part of it is a focal point... it definitely dropped in value for me when I saw that damage. I missed the rear stays on first pass and was disappointed to see them.

Well it seems that the fight will be between 2 people: e***b(1687) from now on "McGregor" and d***v(885) from now on "Mayweather".
Maywether has punch (outbid) McGregor 4 times in a row with "upper jabs" (automatic bidding), forcing McGregor to just run behind him trying to punch him back (outbid him) without success.
It seems that Mayweather is taking the lead with countless jabs to the chin (outbidding him once and once again) but McGregor could hit him back (outbid him) with the winning punch in the last minute of the fight (win the auction).
When the fight (auction) is over, both fighters will be all beat up (expending a lot of cash) and one of them will receive the Championship Belt (the BB). Does the Championship Belt (the BB) worth the beating? some say yes, some will say no. You decide. Ding - Ding.

Yes, that's the one. It was the best original BB I have seen to this point. Thanks for posting, it's nice to see it again.

The seller on the Ebay bike doesn't say weather the ornament is original, and I suspect it's not. There is also no mention of the door? I presume it's orig. but the seller doesn't say either way.

The Jesse James Bike was 10+ years ago correct...I guess we''ll see what a decent original is worth today?
That's the best original known to my knowledge and I think it went low, maybe about timing. It's hard to make assessments on the non-carcass, OP bluebirds because they don't come up for sale often.
I also wonder about the fender ornament.
Chris

Last edited:
Back