When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Original Roadmaster Value ???

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

Wayne Adam

I live for the CABE
I am wondering what an original ( Not a Reproduction) early '50's Mens Luxury Liner in very good
condition is worth. All original parts including light, tank & rack & good chrome, black & red..
Please give me your opinions...................Thanks, Wayne

CWC or AMF bike? Got any pics? I've spent quite a bit of time studying on these bikes. They're great riders. Value would really depend on several things. Pictures would definitely help with pricing accuracy.

I don't think it really matters if it a CWC or CWC built under AMF. What will determine the price is condition. Ratty, missing key parts a couple of hundred. Near mint original somewhere over a grand. Most original, nice bikes I've seen have went anywhere from $600-900. These are kinda like the Columbia Five Stars--great bikes but get no respect. The LL is, arguably, one of the best riding bikes ever built and it has all the bells and whistles. V/r Shawn

Speaking of just of the second series design produced from 1950 through early 1954; an individual buyer might favor a pre AMF 1950 LL over the 1951-1953 version but I don’t think there is any established hierarchy regarding fair market price for Luxury Liners based solely on the pre or post AMF purchase of CWC. Condition will be more a factor than company ownership

The worst thing about the standard red and black bikes of this period is they are so similar to the reproduction models that most original bike are easily mistaken for repops if they are in very good or better condition. For that reason some collectors might prefer the green version produced at the end of the second series run.

I’ll hazard an opinion that a complete, good condition bike would probably “fair market” around $750 and an excellent one might collect interest at $1250. A truly perfect example might find someone willing to spend twice that but in today’s market that would be a fanatic’s purchase.

I agree with you on several points--never noticed a difference in price between CWC/AMF, green may be a better choice ('53 only), and a nice complete bike sold at MLC (I think a '51) earlier this year for right around $800. V/r Shawn

My bike

Attachments

• Roadmaster 3.jpg
    Roadmaster 3.jpg
    368.5 KB · Views: 659
  • Roadmaster Headbadge1.jpg
    Roadmaster Headbadge1.jpg
    54.3 KB · Views: 412
  • Roadmaster Decal.jpg
    Roadmaster Decal.jpg
    39.4 KB · Views: 381
  • Roadmaster Chainguard.jpg
    Roadmaster Chainguard.jpg
    281.6 KB · Views: 534
Thanks guys

Thanks everyone. Once I got there, I decided to pass on the Roadmaster.
Instead I bought a '51 Hornet and a '57 Jaguar.
I'll post pictures of those soon...................Wayne

What made you change your mind? Passing up on a Luxury Liner and taking Schwinn's, it must of been bad! Lol

whilst on roadmaster LL I guess this is a LATE tank EMBLEM vs embossed

Hold SHIFT and CLICK for a bigger pic

100_9146.jpg
100_9147.jpg
100_9148.jpg

Anyone know what year this feature started?

Back