When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Original Schwinn Marman twin engine motorbike

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
The Whizzer specific DX frame was for the “Whizzer Special” it features dimples, chain tensioners, and welded on motor mounts for the Whizzer engine. I have a 51 Whizzer special frame.
The Marmon, Jack and Heintz, and Monark super twin engines seem to fit best on DX style and Monark frames.

Cool find, been down this road a while back with a bike my dad picked up. His had all the goodies minus the motor. From talking with a few cabers and gentlemen at a few different swap meets, the WZ frame was believed to be cantilever for the whizzer, and the MP97 frame was a dx style for the Marmon kit. Of course the brochure picture posted only shows the cantilever frame, but would have clearance issues if used for the Marmon motor. Would be interested in seeing you motor mounted in that bike. Best of luck Joe.

Just checked my DX " Motor " frame and it has a B ser # on the dropout and no other marking so post 52, not sure how long they made them?, always thought the dimples were factory but have a slight line in them and know some shops made them pretty nice with the Schwinn dimpling tool but guess I should post some pics in it's own thread.

Schwinn did build a Whizzer specific DX type frame, in the same WZ type configuration.
I’m not sure what year/s that was, but it was fairly limited.
That advertisement states that both models used B model components.
So my guess,(and that’s all it is) was that both frame types were used, with B model fenders, bearing assemblies etc.

zdxframe.jpg

Back