When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Original Whizzer Maroon Paint!

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
If you are using a Whizzer for a rider, we found a powder coat maroon that is close enough and is the way we go if it gets rough use.

i use dark canyon red spray can made buy dupli color then clear over it, its a ford color that your local automotive paint retailer can supply if your handy with a spray gun, its the darker shade used on whizzers , its red so its not going to be cheap.

If your paint shop is using a camera to match it might not be an exact match. The cameras usually find the closest EXISTING formula. This is done to an industry "blendable" standard for a body shop. Nothing will be exactly as original except done by a skilled eye match. Those guys that can do that are a dying breed. As are a lot of skills.

Thanks for the colour tips. Great stuff. Now for the scheme! Frame fenders and front fork same colour? Maybe black for the forks. Are decals available for the white accents?

Thanks for the colour tips. Great stuff. Now for the scheme! Frame fenders and front fork same colour? Maybe black for the forks. Are decals available for the white accents?
I have a super clean (silver metal) WZ cantilever frame, that I will primer and paint in all of the period correct colors (minus the pinstripes) that I will trade for your frame. Obviously I will show you all pictures, including the clean, rust free silver metal frame, the correct iron oxide primer, the correct maroon paint, and the correct Ivory white paint. Alll will be enamel just as the originals were. It will look in everyway just the way it did when it left the factory. I will even give you the left over paint so you can spray your fenders, and forks. Why would I do this? I have been looking for a DX Marman Twin frame to paint red and ivory white for a long time so my wife and I can have matching bikes. Please think about it, and if you do not like the way it looks, then no worries, but if you do, we will both be happy campers. PS, I tried sending PM's but I never heard back.

Back