When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Original Whizzer Parts Sources?

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Whizzer people don't step on each other's toes so there is one person per part on reproduced parts. (Memory Lane) Lisa and Jerry are still in business but they mostly have reproduced parts. NOS parts from the factory were divided between two people and are all distributed by now. If the object is to get all old carcasses running, you can't wait a lifetime for NOS parts and another generation will not know the difference? If it doesn't run it is dumpster bait. There is a safety factor with speed. Old parts break and it doesn't take much to stop a Whizzer from working. I want all my bikes to be safe for all owners for the next hundred years. Anything that is done to a bike is a part of the bike's history. The next generation will not put the phone down and pick up a wrench? Why care about noisy when you have reliable electric bikes?
I'm not being nasty and I should have started a thread so-as-not-to reflect on the people above but I have changed my mind on NOS as I worry about the uneven number of parts that are left. Joe Cargola has sold 1,500 of some kinds of his reproduced parts. Those are saved, safer motorbikes that won't be judged at a show. I like to look at the big picture and think of this a race for saving all dead motorbikes. Sorry. I miss Fred also but his parts got picked up and his finger prints are on a lot of my generators. I am comfortable becoming worm food if a lot of positive has been passed on.

Great information, but I do have to say that not everyone from the next generation won’t work on these old bikes - I’m 17 and constantly wrenching on my second Whizzer... ;)
-Connor

Sometimes the pursuit and preservation of cool machinery is a purely selfish one. Pay yourself first as they say. Indeed I know that there is, within the newest younger generation, some that do get it. So cool to encounter these few. We cannot expect to attract and convert them all remembering that in our day, we too were a smaller segment of our generation. Me thinks.

Speaking of parts, I am just finishing up my DX Whizzer and need and extended width front axle (5.5 ' I think). Any of these moon rocks available from you?

Back