When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

ORPHAN AND ULTRA RARE BIKE THREAD, THE HARDLY EVER SEEN.

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
1977 Speedwell Titalite. Sold and branded by Van Deursen of Scheveningen, Holland.

1k0.jpg

One more. 1988 Norco RPM. To some, the monocoque bmx was the future of BMX, it was very short lived. Specialized and Haro and I am sure others also made monocoque’s. The RPM’s are probably the rarest. This one was raced at the world championships in 2000. Thanks

Bridgestone have never been afraid of the unusual.

This is mrs non-fixie's Blouson, a city bike designed by Giorgetto Giugiaro. I don't think they sold more than a handful.

DSC_0187(1).jpg

One of my personal favorites is the GrandTech GR-27. One of the few 700C-wheeled folding bikes, and one that actually feels and rides like a normal bike. A very clever design.

IMG_20210424_150238312 (2)(1).jpg

My 1901 Nyack bicycle, several things make it unique. Nyack is a trendy village located on the west shore of the Hudson river about 20 miles north of N.Y.C. It is a popular weekend bicycle destination of the city people, which is not necessarily loved by everyone. Up until a few years ago, no one knew that there was a bicycle manufacturer there. There was only an obscure mention of it in the Wheelman. I only found out when @dfa242 posted a Nyack and Spaulding bicycle catalog for sale here on the cabe. Probably why no one knew about it, was that it was listed as the Nutall manufacturing company after it's founder, John Nutall. He arrived in Nyack around 1897 with his lawyer, got some local juice involved ( a prominent druggist from an old local established family) and started the company. His expertise was nickel plating. I believe that he did a lot for Spaulding including manufacturing their juvenile bicycle line. I got this bike from another good caber from Georgia. All the info that the Nyack library has was generated here on the cabe. The Nyack historian, who is a really knowledgable fellow, had no clue. A few years ago the DPW found a juvenile bicycle in a sewer , in poor condition, and a couple of later models have shown up here, but they look like Columbia's. Colonel Pope, I believe, was known for reintroducing models that he had previously taken over. So, I think that this may be the last survivor, it retains a very good amount of original paint, nickel plating & the American bicycle company sticker.

B975387D-325A-4BF6-806A-62EAF412B90A.jpeg

C07CED78-C035-4518-B0B0-C85BEABD1F13_1_201_a.jpeg

17028BE6-2488-455B-97BB-76978F37DB3B.jpeg

My 1901 Nyack bicycle, several things make it unique. Nyack is a trendy village located on the west shore of the Hudson river about 20 miles north of N.Y.C. It is a popular weekend bicycle destination of the city people, which is not necessarily loved by everyone. Up until a few years ago, no one knew that there was a bicycle manufacturer there. There was only an obscure mention of it in the Wheelman. I only found out when @dfa242 posted a Nyack and Spaulding bicycle catalog for sale here on the cabe. Probably why no one knew about it, was that it was listed as the Nutall manufacturing company after it's founder, John Nutall. He arrived in Nyack around 1897 with his lawyer, got some local juice involved ( a prominent druggist from an old local established family) and started the company. His expertise was nickel plating. I believe that he did a lot for Spaulding including manufacturing their juvenile bicycle line. I got this bike from another good caber from Georgia. All the info that the Nyack library has was generated here on the cabe. The Nyack historian, who is a really knowledgable fellow, had no clue. A few years ago the DPW found a juvenile bicycle in a sewer , in poor condition, and a couple of later models have shown up here, but they look like Columbia's. Colonel Pope, I believe, was known for reintroducing models that he had previously taken over. So, I think that this may be the last survivor, it retains a very good amount of original paint, nickel plating & the American bicycle company sticker.

View attachment 1630213

View attachment 1630214

View attachment 1630215
Refresh my memory. Was the American Bicycle Company a trust formed by Pope and others to try to monopolize bicycle production?

Back