When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Outing by Hay & Willits

-
As requested, a close up image of the drive side chain ring and crank.

IMG_7765.jpeg

IMG_7748.jpeg

IMG_7766.jpeg

IMG_7753.jpeg

Hi Brant,
Who made the handlebar grips?
Thank you for asking, these are original mid-1890's: J.J. Warren Company, Worcester, Mass. grips. They fit the Outing perfectly. I have a second pair that are my Remington.
You can see some more closeup pictures at:

Fortunately they were returned by the buyer as they did not fit his teens-period handlebars.

7001E9A4-5AE0-49BD-B53F-6944FBBA3FB3.jpg

B0F887F0-B636-4A5B-B390-AC7EA5319849.jpg

I am working out pedals for the build. The Brandenburgs I posted for sale yesterday were going to be used but they are the bolt on version. Those do not fit these cranks.

Is anyone familar with Janney pedals? I would love to see what these look like. Please post a picture if you know with these pedals.

Ultimately I think I will use these Elkhart, IN toe clips, “The Buescher.” Indiana raving clips on a bicycle from that state feels right. They are not the most sexy as shown now but should look good with some aged leather straps. Buescher is most known as a musical instrument manufacturing company. During the first bicycle craze of the late 19th century they added a line of metal bicycle sundry products.

IMG_7858.jpeg

IMG_7857.jpeg

IMG_7856.jpeg

IMG_7859.jpeg

Last edited:
If i still had either of the two, fine condition Outing badges once in my collection ... it would be given to your machine, Brant. No ability to attach a foto. Badge was stamped aluminum ... a naturalistic representation of an oak leaf with acorn ... the perimeter of same creating edge of badge. AM WILLING TO TRADE MY FLAWLESS ORIGINAL, NOS, BOTTLE-CAP ATTACHED, CAST / FORGED (thick - solid - heavy) Davis Dayton Motorcycle Badge FOR YOUR PRIMO Outing Badge. .......... Brant's machine deserves and cries for a magnificent badge !! .......... patric

Last edited:
Back