When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Outing by Hay & Willits

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
As requested, a close up image of the drive side chain ring and crank.

IMG_7765.jpeg

IMG_7748.jpeg

IMG_7766.jpeg

IMG_7753.jpeg

Hi Brant,
Who made the handlebar grips?
Thank you for asking, these are original mid-1890's: J.J. Warren Company, Worcester, Mass. grips. They fit the Outing perfectly. I have a second pair that are my Remington.
You can see some more closeup pictures at:

Fortunately they were returned by the buyer as they did not fit his teens-period handlebars.

7001E9A4-5AE0-49BD-B53F-6944FBBA3FB3.jpg

B0F887F0-B636-4A5B-B390-AC7EA5319849.jpg

I am working out pedals for the build. The Brandenburgs I posted for sale yesterday were going to be used but they are the bolt on version. Those do not fit these cranks.

Is anyone familar with Janney pedals? I would love to see what these look like. Please post a picture if you know with these pedals.

Ultimately I think I will use these Elkhart, IN toe clips, “The Buescher.” Indiana raving clips on a bicycle from that state feels right. They are not the most sexy as shown now but should look good with some aged leather straps. Buescher is most known as a musical instrument manufacturing company. During the first bicycle craze of the late 19th century they added a line of metal bicycle sundry products.

IMG_7858.jpeg

IMG_7857.jpeg

IMG_7856.jpeg

IMG_7859.jpeg

Last edited:
If i still had either of the two, fine condition Outing badges once in my collection ... it would be given to your machine, Brant. No ability to attach a foto. Badge was stamped aluminum ... a naturalistic representation of an oak leaf with acorn ... the perimeter of same creating edge of badge. AM WILLING TO TRADE MY FLAWLESS ORIGINAL, NOS, BOTTLE-CAP ATTACHED, CAST / FORGED (thick - solid - heavy) Davis Dayton Motorcycle Badge FOR YOUR PRIMO Outing Badge. .......... Brant's machine deserves and cries for a magnificent badge !! .......... patric

Last edited:
Back