When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Over Priced

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
There are a lot around here for more than I see some of you guys get when you look & buy.

Dang, is that one of the reproduction bikes but with older wheels on it just to fool someone.

I quit looking for bikes, I let them come to me. This morning I scored what I believe is a Huffy Rail for $20 at a garage sale. I wasn't looking for it, I saw it on my way home this morning and I thought it was a Sting-Ray and surely an overpriced reproduction. So I took the Monark out for a ride and well...the rest is history. Last week, I bought an Ariake seat from the 70s/80s for a $1 and a '71-'75 Snyder Mohawk for $8. I cleaned up the Mohawk and swapped the Giant seat for the Ariake and I have a buyer coming today for a nice $50 sale. The Giant seat should pay out about $10 on eBay. I also bought a very nice 1965 Silver Jet as well for $70 with the original and very rare grips, tank (gutted), chaingaurd, and wonderful chrome.

Just quit looking, thats the trick! I should probably quit loking for the two racks I need. One can hope, right?

Three Rare Bikes for $1200.00 )

Those three (RARE) bikes for $1200.00.

Sounds like a steal to me and they're in such great condition!

Some lucky dude should snatch them up quick before the American Pickers get them and gloat about it!

That is how I got my Spaceliner Klunker when I got a Murray Santa Cruz & that 90's Western Flyer then I test rode the Santa Cruz and saw the od green Spaceliner behind his small bike shop which I think I payed $85 a little too much for what was done to it I guess, cool thing I found out later on his site his Grandfather Bicycle Bill worked at what his grandfathers facebook page says Currey's Bicycle Store was the largest Schwinn Dealer in the United States in Charleston, WV.

Another bike I got without trying to looking for a complete bike is the blue Ladies 1959 Mercury bicycle that I payed $40 for.

Lol

Find anything over priced that is bicycle related.

I was looking in CL for my area and they had these bikes for this price of $1200.00 for all 3, any ideas of anything here in the link.
http://lakeland.craigslist.org/bik/2995950796.html

OK, heres how I'd break that deal down where I'm at. I could sell the red road bike for about a hundred dollars, the Western Flyer 3 speed is a 60-80 dollar bike here, now we;re up to a 180.00 dollars on a good day, the third bike, the Sonic tank model I know nothing about, we don't get those up my way, that means I would have to sell someone a promise of sunshine and roses and hope they pay 1020.00 dollars.......I think this is doable ;)

It is old news that 99% of bikes on craigslist are overpriced and misrepresented. Even when you might find a decent price on a decent bike chances are a tricky flipper will get it before you,,then put it right back on overpriced and misrepresented.

I find some good ones now and then,,but the one guy is right,,if you look too hard you will get a bad deal. I find they come in streaks,,then you have dry spells,,it is a hobby for me,,so I dont get shook up when I have a dry spell,,, and I find karma works well in the bike hobby,,you give a few away to people in need,,and you get them back in multiples.

Back