When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Oxalic Acid Bathing

-

pedalpower17

Finally riding a big boys bike
Does anyone have experience with this treatment on small non-painted and non-chrome parts, such as fender braces, spokes, brake arms, nuts & bolts?

What if anything, should be done to these parts after treatment?

Does anyone have experience with this treatment on small non-painted and non-chrome parts, such as fender braces, spokes, brake arms, nuts & bolts?

What if anything, should be done to these parts after treatment?

Wash them with soap and water. After thoroughly drying I use a light coat of Johnson's Paste Wax to protect the part. I do the same for painted parts. I have been told that if you get too strong of a solution it may cause some cad parts to turn black so you may want to experiment on a similar part first. V/r Shawn

I got some of the acid on the way from Amazon, what is the best mix ratio for painted/rusty parts?

I've had excellent results on frames, where it brought the paint back to life. With spokes & fender braces, I've not had any worthwhile results.

Use two tablespoons per one gallon of hot water.
After rust removal, soak in baking soda solution. This neutralizes the acid, especially under hard to reach parts....

Any idea how much cold air reduces the effectiveness? I’d like to try in the garage but it’s in the 20s.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back