When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Oxalic Acid On Silk Screen

-

PCHiggin

Cruisin' on my Bluebird
Hi,I tried a search on this with no luck. Will OA remove silk screens from a chainguard? Might be a dumb question because I know Windex will remove screening in about 2 seconds,but maybe OA isnt as harsh? I dont know. The more I read about OA, the more Im amazed by it. Thanks

If the screening is at the point to where it will wipe off with water and a terry cloth, then there is a chance. I've had a few were the paint was basically a dry powder and if it's that far gone trying to save it is a lost cause unless you clear coat it before doing anything to it.

If the screening is at the point to where it will wipe off with water and a terry cloth, then there is a chance. I've had a few were the paint was basically a dry powder and if it's that far gone trying to save it is a lost cause unless you clear coat it before doing anything to it.
Clear coat might be a good idea.Thanks

Back