When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

OXALIC ACID REDUX - gonna take the plunge soon- oxidation / rust remover

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

bike

Riding a '38 Autocycle Deluxe
In Memoriam
This seems to have the most promise-

1)what ratio are you guys using

2) and what are you using for a tank? I looked at kiddie pools but not big enough for a frame.

3) Post dip on parts- baking soda bath? Would like to hear about the bike or parts 6 months later....rust spring up?

4)Also wonder what to do after dip with the acid - save for reuse?

Thanks!

It's easy to make a plywood tank to size, then line it with 20mil plastic sheet. Cut square sheets to fit then overlap the sheets by around 2". Glue the folds with Christy's Red Hot PVC glue. Use staples to hold in position until the liner is cured. You can find the vinyl sheet and glue in the plumbing fitting section of the Big Box hardware store.

It's easy to make a plywood tank to size, then line it with 20mil plastic sheet. Cut square sheets to fit then overlap the sheets by around 2". Glue the folds with Christy's Red Hot PVC glue. Use staples to hold in position until the liner is cured. You can find the vinyl sheet and glue in the plumbing fitting section of the Big Box hardware store.

I used a lawn wagon lined with plastic as the tank.
Held the wheels, frame forks, bars, neck, stand fine

I use 2-3 spoonfuls per gallon.

Post dip, no issues. You gott rinse the parts really well and for some time after the dip, but years later I have zero probs. especially if you paint and/or wax the part to offer it protection.

You can reuse the OA too, it works for a while until it gets really yellow.

Lastly be careful with the stuff. Do some searches here on OA and google it too, lots of nervous system issues if you get it on you for a prolonged time. Wear some protective stuff.

Back