When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Oxalic Acid-Saving a Rust Bucket

-
That Columbia Motorbike came out fantastic Shawn! Your scholarly contributions to antique/vintage bicycle world are greatly appreciated.

On your huffman bike, Are those cool fenders available ? I bought some stuff off feebay recently and have what appears to be a Huffman front fender. I would like to find the rear for a huffy project i'm working on. Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks and Ride On. Razin.
Razin,
These are fairly typical shallow rain gutter fenders used from about the turn of the century until the mid '30s. The only thing you need to watch for is if the fenders are for 28" or 26" (balloon tire) bikes. Should be easy enough to find a set. V/r Shawn

Oh Boy..........just what I needed !!!!
Thanks - I'm going to try it on my ladies Elgin and update as I go in the post I started

Great article Shawn, I will see if my local hardware store has this product. I hope I can get the results you received.

-Mike

Back