When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Oxalic acid

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
There are several posts and threads on this forum about OA and it use to remove rust; just use the search function to find them. I am a believer but do not recommend the overnight method many people do. Warm to hot water with a strong solution is best but only leave it in briefly (30 minutes to an hour and a half) depending on the bike. There are many bikes out there that now look "OA-burned" as too much rust and patina is removed and they get a dull look... You are need to be aware OA changes the color of certain paints (reds and blues especially).

There are several posts and threads on this forum about OA and it use to remove rust; just use the search function to find them. I am a believer but do not recommend the overnight method many people do. Warm to hot water with a strong solution is best but only leave it in briefly (30 minutes to an hour and a half) depending on the bike. There are many bikes out there that now look "OA-burned" as too much rust and patina is removed and they get a dull look... You are need to be aware OA changes the color of certain paints (reds and blues especially).
That's what I'm afraid of...... What would you do? Just leave bike alone?

I can't get pictures of my bike to upload.... I was hoping to get an opinion on if it's even necessary

What color is the bike? Post some images and people will comment on how effective OA will be. My recommendation would be try OA on a couple less important bikes or parts. On hindsight, the first bikes I did I left in the juice too long...they had the burn.

I can't get pictures of my bike to upload.... I was hoping to get an opinion on if it's even necessary
Atababindingo’s bike:

F5B5E008-F72A-4AC7-B4CA-2678BD2B45EC.jpeg

97029D3F-6F36-4BF3-B4DA-40B78EF04C19.jpeg

D83E625C-0CEC-4653-AF82-694DD3BCCC00.jpeg

96F9D96A-8C2F-4EA6-A402-00EA114BC486.jpeg

7D9B48A3-17D7-42EB-975C-AFE6015820FF.jpeg

6E82F6B0-2F7A-48D4-86D1-04B4A1A129AA.jpeg

B18CF466-B717-483D-87EA-D6669C71754B.jpeg

64C6317E-3F00-44F8-B81C-B25DDC29E3D5.jpeg

78B1E1C9-FF1F-4321-AA56-5C725679DC27.jpeg

Last edited:
If it were me I would maybe just do the fenders to try and get them to color match the white on the frame and tank better. If you decide to do the entire bike please be careful with that blue paint.
Maybe @saladshooter can comment.

If it were me I would maybe just do the fenders to try and get them to color match the white on the frame and tank better. If you decide to do the entire bike please be careful with that blue paint.
Maybe @saladshooter can comment.
The only thing I was contemplating was the fenders and maybe, maybe the tank.
The blue stripes on the fenders scare me though.

I would like to get the fenders cleaner. I just got this bike and haven't even cleaned it with soap and water yet.

The paint on the fenders looks pretty bad and lifting. Doing an OA soak will probably leave them with no paint left. Frame doesn't need it.

1630028521093.png

Back