When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Oxalis acid color change ?

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

mrg

Riding a '38 Autocycle Deluxe
The last pic just came out of oxalic acid, the others I was stripping paint and thought the OG color was straw ?, and the front fender I had stripped a while back was starting to rust so I thought the OA would take care of the rust but the paint came out alot lighter, wish I would have just kept stipped and no acid. did I leave it too long (over nite) or do some just do that (the black pin strip is almost gone also)
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

Last edited:
Looks like you left it too long and maybe from the bare metal looking spot the OA might not have been stirred up enough before use.

OA works great, but like anything...you gotta be careful till you know how it works. But on a positive side, we all learn every day ( or should ) and that what makes us who we are.

image.jpg
image.jpg
left some parts in all day and came out ok (maroon & cream) could only fit half the fender in the pan and left it in over nite, about the same length of time.

Last edited:
That front fender looks like it was house painted white which could account for the difference. V/r Shawn

no the whole fender looked like it does on the right after I stripped old red paint off the whole thing, then only soaked the front half in the acid, it turned it whiter and took off the black strip also, I think I just left it in too long(over nite) although the colson tank was in all day and did not change color ?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    216.9 KB · Views: 119
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    180.7 KB · Views: 124
Back