When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Packard Badged

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
getimage-1.jpg

If no separate 2 digit letter/number under the serial, most likely a '36.

Cool thanks Mike and the catalog pic.
I tore into it to see how bad the repair was and it looks like somebody braised all the connections at the bottom bracket.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1435109520.055387.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1435109528.405625.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1435109537.606150.jpg

Junkfinder said he didn't look that close at it and didn't notice the repair. He was willing to do whatever it takes to make it right. we settled on a fair deal I think.
I still want to try and get it to be my next rider....

Last edited:
i hope you can enjoy it. I know we were both disappointed when this was found. I would not have sold it had I known this was there. I probably would have never found it unless I had stripped the frame for paint. From seeing the before and after cleaning pics, I seriously doubt anyone would have. I hope you are pleased with the what you received vs what you paid. From the pics I'm guessing it was blue originally. I would like to see a pic after the whole frame is cleaned. Is there much of the original paint still intact?

Repairs on these long wheelbase frames seem to be pretty common. I think the only one I have that's completely clean is my '37 Imperial frame. Just about everyone has at least one repair at the BB & all have repaired or loose lower rear fender braces. I bet that single bar is even more prone to stress cracks due to the design & less reinforcement.

That's good to know. I will be much more suspicious if I come across other Colsons in the future. Bet on that. Poor manufacturing techniques I assume.

Back