When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Packing Job?

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
not a whole bike but a Schwinn chainguard, they took a sheet of cardboard and just wrapped it around the item. didn't really cover the whole thing, then half a roll of tape. it was cheap and needed work anyways, but I would hate to have paid for a primo guard and have it show up bent.

not a whole bike but a Schwinn chainguard, they took a sheet of cardboard and just wrapped it around the item. didn't really cover the whole thing, then half a roll of tape. it was cheap and needed work anyways, but I would hate to have paid for a primo guard and have it show up bent.
I'd be the same way❗
Had a Honda 350 four wheeler motor shipped here from ebay, seller went above & beyond to show it ran, packed it overkill and when FedEx got here I specifically Asked him to NOT pick it up trying to step down out of the truck with it. I told him I'll get it from the ground out of the back. This Dumb Ass doesn't listen & drops the box on it's side on the corner of the bumper😤🤬❗ They tried to deny it saying it was shipped that way when I had not only pics as it was being packed, double boxed, and video of it being sealed with the shipping label. He busted the side of the case & I literally had to ride their asses about Every week for 2 months once I found a used replacement case to get them to pay up. I told'em you either send that guy out here to my house or I'm coming there if nobody wants to pay up 😐. What was supposed to be a quick simple motor swap, new trans shaft & quick flip took 2 months from his ignorance🤦‍♂️

A guy bought a few bikes off of me...pickup only... years ago, saying he stopped having anything shipped. UPS dropped off a bike with tire treads running across it, he told me, crushing the fork, etc. Driver said "it came that way", and then UPS gave him crap about a bad packing job (which it wasn't). Took a couple of months till he got his money from UPS. 😡

A guy bought a few bikes off of me...pickup only... years ago, saying he stopped having anything shipped. UPS dropped off a bike with tire treads running across it, he told me, crushing the fork, etc. Driver said "it came that way", and then UPS gave him crap about a bad packing job (which it wasn't). Took a couple of months till he got his money from UPS. 😡

Normally I always question the seller about their shipping and packing experience. But since this was a seller who has sold lots of Schwinn bikes on Ebay, and he told me that he was having a local shop pack it, I figured there was no need. I guess I assumed wrong in this case...............LOL

We all love our LBS but most don't really have any idea how to ship a vintage bike, all that plastic you saw is how they get their new bikes so that's how most do it, new bikes coming from the factory are packed very specifically to use the least amount of packing so unless you get someone with real experience with protecting vintage your just rolling the dice!

Last edited:
If I ever sell anything bike wise & ship; Be Prepared to catch Hell unpacking it🤔

It might be like opening never ending boxes & layers to find that 1 bolt😎

Back