When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Paglioli Cambio Corsa Bike

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

Jesper

Wore out three sets of tires already!
After starting negotiations on this bike in January, paying in March, and having it shipped in July, it has finally arrived!

Sorry for the psyche out photo, but I need to get home before I break the box open. Apparently there are some surprises enclosed with the bike.
I should have detailed photos of it by the weekend since I would like to take it out for a spin ASAP!

Starting to unwrap parts. The bike was completely disassembled except for removal of headset pressed-in parts, and hubs. Saves me some work, and saved a lot of cash related to shipping (about $120 from Italy) a complete bike.
Everything was individually wrapped so taking a bit of time, but happy for the diligence used in packing.

Here are the rods and axle releases. I'm not sure if the front and rear QR adjustment nuts are of the same vintage unless those gripping bolts were intended as different styles or the bolts on the front are replacements for lost originals. I would prefer the rear adjustment nut bolt style if anyone has some (functional condition is OK).
I also know there are different rod lengths (Corsa, and [later post '48?] Sport versions), but no reference as to a year, or which size was specific to each model (I assume the Corsa was shorter rods, but just a guess). I don't believe the Campy catalogs make any mention of the two versions.
I have measured both rods, and the axle release rod is approx. 28.4cm from upper bend at handle to the center of the QR rod assy. The shifter rod is approx. 14cm from bend to bend. Now we have some sort of length reference for one of the versions. I ask others to measure their rod lengths and see what sizes are out there, as well as providing the approx. year of the bike it is mounted on (if applicable).
I have not checked the drop-out tooth count yet so I don't know if it is the 17 or 19 tooth style.
All hardware thus far has been in very good condition; no rust except very little on the lower part of the shifter rod, the front QR lever and adjustment nut grip bolts.

20220825_151640~2.jpg

Last edited:
I was just reading this post when you updated; thanks for the detailed photos. I have never seen the Campagnolo quick releases with those nuts on them. Any idea when they changed to the "D" ring?
Really looking forward to seeing this all together; very intrigued!

Brake calipers are both Universal, but are different models and also of different reach (about 25mm); different return springs, etc. Front caliper stamped "UNIVERSAL BREV"; rear caliper stamped "UNIVERSAL BREV361666" or "361556" (not a great stamp!). I guess the rear may be a model 39; the front I have no idea (some pivot bolt hardware not OE). Hodge-podge of pads installed.
Calipers are quite lightweight, but the arms seem thin in crossection. I have not used an alloy Universal brake with that long of a reach, but I don't think it would be a great feel when braking hard.
The Ambrosio rims are old, but not sure if they are OE or period correct (unable to date decals; suspect '70s) so I'll see which caliper is most appropriate regarding reach. I have a very nice Mod. 51 set that would look good if reach is correct, and they would be relatively correct for the bike's age if I can't match up a proper pair.

Last edited:
Just off the top of my head I believe the front QRis of a newer vintage. I thought we had the measurements of the shifter rods in the Cambio thread? Lastly I believe the correct brakes for these bikes are the Model 39 (361666). V/r Shawn

Just off the top of my head I believe the front QRis of a newer vintage. I thought we had the measurements of the shifter rods in the Cambio thread? Lastly I believe the correct brakes for these bikes are the Model 39 (361666). V/r Shawn
Thanks Shawn,
I'll check the "cambio" thread for length info. I might have a loose mod. 39 caliper, but it may not be the front. Maybe the pivot bolt from the short reach caliper could be used. I do have a Universal steel set (calipers and levers) that have the 361666 pat.# on them. They look quite good, but are heavy.

Edit: I now have been educated by the "Cambio Corsa Community" as to the specifics regarding differences between 2 lever system using short and long handles/levers but still having the same effective rod length for "Corsa" and "Sport" variants. The "Paris-Roubaix" single rod system employs long and short rod versions, but the handle/lever length remained the same.

Last edited:
In the 1950 'Bozzi' catalogue they were still offering the "dog-bone" version.....
Screenshot_20220826-184603_Adobe Acrobat.jpg

In 1950 it seems that the style of "dog-bone" screw was still the same as the very first examples.
I'm wondering if your front hub @Jesper has simply had the original bolts replaced with those flatter versions at some point by a previous owner, for whatever reason.

Back