When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Paglioli Cambio Corsa Bike

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Does anyone know if the Campy spoke guard rings for Cambio Corsa and Paris-Roubaix are interchangeable? Are the 4 spd and 5 spd rings interchangeable for the "CC"? Is there any difference between the diameters of 4 and 5 spd versions; are they dished differently?
I have a 4 spd FW and I can get the Campy 6 spoke (5 spd stamped on outer ring) version, Campy 6 spoke (no spec's stamped on it) version, and a REG variant that is not specified as per the rear cluster size. Has anyone used the REG substitute guard? I am not above using a non-Campy brand guard (chromed steel, alloy, but no plastic unless no other option) as long as it fits well, and the RD cage can't catch on it.
I am entertaining installing a chain tensioner idler pulley to see how it shifts without worrying about releasing the hub. I would also be curious to try a double ring on the front with a rod actuated FD and utilizing the tensioner either with or without having to release the hub.
I would not necessarily leave any modifications in place, but it would be nice to know the limitations of the shifting system in partnership with a front changer, and if a basic tensioner can relieve one of having to release your hub when shifting.

The tensioner unit is from the 60s (?) and is made for mopeds. It has about 4mm of lateral play; not sure it that is enough combined with chain flex to provide smooth and fairly quiet operation. I might replace the OE smooth steel pulley with a plastic toothed pulley to improve performance and quiet it down even more.

Last edited:
I've recently installed the 'REG' guard on my 3-speed Cambio Corsa 'Cicli Vecchi' it fitted very well and kind of suits the early 3-speed type.
The 4-speed or 5-speed stamped Campagnolo type wouldn't be right for mine.....
20220803_121634.jpg

...it works well, protecting the spokes if th chain derails off the low gear sprocket, which is vary easily done on a Cambio Corsa system.
It doesn't look too large in size either with the 21 tooth low gear sprocket on this W. A. cluster.

@dnc1 thanks for the info. I wonder if the unmarked Campy one I saw was a 3 spd part. It was the most expensive one anyways ($175), compared with the Campy 5 spd and REGs which were $70-$90. Now I wonder if the REG would still work for the 4 speed if the 3 spd Campy won't, but the REG works for your 3 spd.
Do you know why the 4 or 5 speed Campy versions would not work for your application?
Not being able to see it, is your REG their 5 (or 10 I guess) spoke design?

@dnc1 thanks for the info. I wonder if the unmarked Campy one I saw was a 3 spd part. It was the most expensive one anyways ($175), compared with the Campy 5 spd and REGs which were $70-$90. Now I wonder if the REG would still work for the 4 speed if the 3 spd Campy won't, but the REG works for your 3 spd.
Do you know why the 4 or 5 speed Campy versions would not work for your application?
Not being able to see it, is your REG their 5 (or 10 I guess) spoke design?
I didn't say they wouldn't work.
What I meant when I said the 4 & 5-speed versions wouldn't be right for mine is purely the fact that they have inappropriate wording on them in relation to my 3-speed cluster.
I think they are all pretty similar in dimensions, but I can't say this for definite.
This is my version.....
20220511_140117.jpg

20220511_140203.jpg

20220511_140532.jpg

...it's the 5 (or 10) spoke version as you can see.

SI didn't say they wouldn't work.
What I meant when I said the 4 & 5-speed versions wouldn't be right for mine is purely the fact that they have inappropriate wording on them in relation to my 3-speed cluster.
I think they are all pretty similar in dimensions, but I can't say this for definite.
Sorry for misinterpreting, and thanks for the dimensions! I just found some NOS REGs like yours for $20 stateside so shipping is low. My FW low gear is 22t. I'll measure the diameter shortly and see what the difference is. I would personally like a guard that reaches the RD cage, but it would need to be quite large- 6"-7" ('70s 10 spd touring styles). I might also get one of those just to check it out since they only run $5-$10 for decent chromed guards. Still will keep an eye out for a lesser cost Campy one for future build-up with more OE/period parts. I need another REG for my '36 with the Simplex (Super Champion/Osgear style) rear changer.
Yours looks like it would be fine for my gear size.

Last edited:
I ended up getting a Sun Tour spoke guard circa '70s; 4.75" diameter. When installed it won't look much different than the OE Campy or the REG. Cost $8 so no real loss if it doesn't work out.

Edit: photo credit: from velobase entry-eBay Seller coffeeride (side note: good seller!)

Last edited:
So no sooner did I receive my Sun Tour spoke guard, and one of my Italian suppliers found me a very nice Campy guard stamped for 5 speeds at a killer price compared to what I saw elsewhere. Now it is enroute from Italy with some drilled NOS Universal levers to spice up the cockpit a bit.

My freewheel is 4 speed; but given the fact that my frame has the longer d-o's I am curious if I can use a 5 spd FW or was that only possible with the "P-R" single rod model. changer? My guy has an NOS in box "P-R" unit complete, but no guard. I assumed the guard I got may have been from that NIB unit if the guard was supposed to be included with the set-up.

Last edited:
I'll try to get pics of the spoke guards on mine. I know I have at least two different styles and possibly more. V/r Shawn
Thanks Shawn! Do you have a longer d-o equipped bike with a 5 spd using the cambio corsa (2 rod)? I'm not trying to push the limits of operation just curious because it would be nice to match the guard with the a 5spd FW.
An odd thing about my ring being delivered is that it has no Campagnolo stamp, only the 5 spd designation. I am thinking that it is significantly later in its year of manufacture. Later 50s or 60s maybe?

Back