When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PAINT COLOR INFO WANTED.

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

all riders

Finally riding a big boys bike
I suppose this info might be buried deep in these pages, but i've had no luck. I'm looking for insight (paint codes) into two shades of red. The first: the maroon-ish, dark wine red of the post war CWC Hawthorne. (seems 95% of these bikes were either this red with white, or black with white). The second: The red of the post war Snyder Hawthorn Deluxe--the one that only came with red frame and silver tank--roughly '48-'53. any help here is appreciated.

When it comes to bicycles there really aren't any paint codes. You will not find them in any dealer literature I'm aware of. What you have to do is either use an existing part and take it to your local paint jobber to match or eyeball it and pick "close enough" to paint chips. If someone has already painted one of these they may have a code they used. V/r Shawn

Right, that's what I was hoping for. I do a lot of painting and can match pretty well by eye--I'll go that route. Thanks for your Input, Shawn.

Back