When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Paint it or Not?

-
I am told by alot of people to leave it original and do not touch this paint?
11PS_zpsk0wsyce0.gif

Simplified terms most do understand; money! If you paint this bike then you will not have increased its value, unless you do a spot on restoration, then it will be about the same value it was before painting. +/- And if you just do your own job; any color other than, or an none professional the same color or an custom, house paint or rattle can, even auto paint too, then, most likely, it'll be valued even less. Ka-Ching!

Last edited:
Repainting is something that is a touchy subject. I only repaint if 40-60 percent of the original paint is gone or beyond recognition. For my 1955 blue Radiobike, 1960 purple Dayton, and 1963 gold Silver Jet that is the case. In those situations, the appearance and value can only be improved with a careful, very accurate restoration of the painted parts. Partially or completely.

In this case, your bike is much more special and valuable as it is. Original. Untouched. Just think, someone may have that Rollfast in need of restoration, and your original can provide them with all the info they need to restore their bike! That is why originality is so important to keep if at all possible.

Back