When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Paint.Net ..... free download ... foto cleanup and modification

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
originale%20___%20but%20this%20a%20copy  keeper.jpg

MY GOOD BUDZ .. BIKE (Paul G.) SENT ME a link for a foto listed for sale on e-bay ... first thing i did was to go Paint.Net on it.

AFTER THE SITE opens with the pic on it .. i looked left of top-center ... found ADJUSTMENTS ... clicked on that ... found BLACK
and WHITE .. clicked in that .. THEN .. went to BRIGHTENESS and CONTRAST (listed in ADJUSTMENTS) ... take your time here
... alternate moves with the CONTRAST SLIDE .. then the BRIGHTNESS SLIDE. Really give yourself a chance to discern what
visual qualities work for you. If you are using a critical eye .. and are patient with yourself .. you will develop a stronger visual
judgement.

MAKE NO MISTAKE HERE .... i AM NOT going to spoon feed anyone on this thread ... AND i have no intention of being your
Art Teacher ... did that for thirty years AND I AM STILL RETIRED.

BUT WAIT A MINIT ... if you fool with Paint.Net long enough .. you WILL develop a very-critical eye ...... lettuce pause for a
moment ... LOOK ...the only reason you got better at visual drawing as a youth was because your SEEING .. your PERCEPTION
got better. A well-built, illusional, visual drawing is the result of YOU using and honing your perceptual, visual skills ..... you do
this when you are looking at an object and record what you see on paper ......... the more you draw .. the more enhanced your
perceptual and visual skills will become.

SAME THING HAPPENS WITH pdn ... the more you use pdn .. the more refined you artwork will become ...... BECAUSE YOU ARE
CONSTANTLY USING and IMPROVING UPON YOUR VISUAL SKILLS.

LOOK CLOSELY AT THE BACKGROUND IN THE original on the left ... it has debris ... i cleaned that up by going to TOOLS ...
on the far left ... punched COLOR PICKER ... put the Color Picker icon (it's a micro-eyedropper) on a color i wanted FROM THE FOTO
I AM USING .. and clicked ... went back to TOOLS .. punched PAINTBRUSH .. selected SIZE ... went to my COLOR WHATZIT ...
tapped the transparency slider pretty-much almost to the far left ... and began applying paint to the background to cover the debris.

FIDDLE WITH ALL THE STUFF YOU WANT TO. By all means ... fool around with this product. One more thing ... if your COLOR WHATZIT
ever disappears ... toward upper center is WINDOW (between Utilitiues and Help) .. click on WINDOW .. then click on COLORS ......
your COLOR WHATZIT will barely remember being lost.

The correct name for the COLOR WHATZIT is Color Palette.

............... patric cafaro

THIS is the One On The Left
copy 1.jpg

LEFT Specimen

SPACER BAR
SPACER .RIGHT Specimen
[SIZE=[SIZE=3]]SPACER [/SIZE]
copy 1.jpg

Last edited:
SO I'M FOOLIN AROUND WITH THAT foto Paul Genero sent me . Downloaded it to my pic folder .. so i could magnify it up ..
real good. I'm lookin' at that kid in the picture .. probably some Mid-Western kid just outta high school .. a kid who may have
taken his school job on the Traffic Safety Patrol a little-more serious than most .. he was already homesick for the Fall Science
Fair ... maybe Mr. Moody .. the Science Teacher was gonna let him take the gerbils home over the hot, Summer months .. and
that bicycle .. maybe he got that bicycle for a graduation present !! WOW .. for havin' a ride like that .. a Fully-Loaded, 1935-
ONLY, Shelby Motorbike .. he don't look all that happy.

YEAH .. SO I'M STILL lookin' at that foto .. and i been watchin' .. THE LORD ONLY KNOWS how many episodes of .. Haunted
Collector ... and things were o-kay when i was peepin' the ORIGINAL PIC .. you know .. that coppertone, faux-gilded,
FACT-SIM-ILL-EE of an authentic photograph from a long time ago .. (THAT FOTO COULDA BEEN FOUND HIGH ATOP Mt. ARARAT
... INSIDE AN ANCIENT,HAND-MADE WOODEN STRUCTURE ... A DWELLING OF SORTS ... WHOSE WALLS REEKED WITH THE
PUNGENT AROMA OF BLACK LICORICE.)

SO I'M LOOKIN' at the Original foto .. THEN .. I'M LOOKIN' AT the foto that i just leaned on with Paint.NET ... i'm lookin' at it with
both eyes in a purposeful fashion ... something is very different now ... WAY DIFFERENT. There is movement where movement
was never intended to be .. Turning on my old Philco, floor-model radio .. Stevie Wonder is coming thru the pipe .. Very Superstitious ...

$(KGrHqF,!rUFEuKO5umRBRjDKYy6J!~~60_57 -03.jpg

$(KGrHqF,!rUFEuKO5umRBRjDKYy6J!~~60_57 -01.jpg

$(KGrHqF,!rUFEuKO5umRBRjDKYy6J!~~60_57 -04.jpg

$(KGrHqF,!rUFEuKO5umRBRjDKYy6J!~~60_57    1 and 4.jpg

$(KGrHqF,!rUFEuKO5umRBRjDKYy6J!~~60_57 -04  4and 4.jpg

$(KGrHqF,!rUFEuKO5umRBRjDKYy6J!~~60_57 -01 six.jpg

$(KGrHqF,!rUFEuKO5umRBRjDKYy6J!~~60_57 -03a.jpg

$(KGrHqF,!rUFEuKO5umRBRjDKYy6J!~~60_57   last.jpg

=================================
=================================

Last edited:
BRI ... did you open ALL 8 ATTACHMENTS ... it plays like a movie ..... once all 8 are open ..........

BRIAN ... got your pm ... don't know how to do pm ... have had some bad experiences .. sometimes they don't go thru ...
some computer aps halt me in my tracks ... a few scare me ......

GO DIRECT ... my e-mail below .................... patric

Last edited:
When We Give Ourself Permission To Hear The Backstory .. Real or Imagined ......

GENTLE READERS ... Countless are the times I remember picking up an antiquated object .. or a foto from a past era ....
and by all that is Holy, these items speak to me. Now, am not saying I am guided by voices ... but cannot deny there
is connectivity goin' on. Do I remember the time I found that 1929 Dime in my pocket change, in 1955 .. and said to my
Uncle, "Say, Uncle Nunzio ... read "how old" this dime is and tell me what else is "that" old." My Uncle peeped the coin
and told me that he was older than that coin .. and said, "That tenna-cen' piece coulda been somebody's very lasta bit 'o
money back inna 19 anna 29 .. and it was use-ed to buy food fo' th' baby insteada a good cigar !!"

TO THIS DAY .. it is difficult for me to see a very-old object or foto and not automatically attach a story to it .. especially
if the authentic backstory is missing. Even armed with that knowledge .. very-often another backstory comes thru my
pipeline .. very-much built out of blocks of fiction ... whether I like it or not. It is important for this writer to acknowledge
that there is a mighty-huge difference between telling a lie for the sake of profit, to avoid penalty or punishment, or to
boast that a substance is not harmful, when, in reality, the substance could heave the canoe into the terrible wake of a
passing ship ... and ... telling a lie for the sake of a story .. a fictional story that fires-up thought and imagination.

SO WHAT ABOUT those folks that insist that, "A Picture Is Worth A Thousand Words." ? BECAUSE SOME PICTURES TELL
THE ENTIRE STORY ... These pictures (in my opinion) fail to show respect for a viewer's intellect and imagination.

VERY OFTEN, way too much of the picture tells the beginning, the middle, and the end of a story. When this happens, the
viewer remains just that -- a spectator. When the picture tells only part of the story, the viewer has a chance to become
a "participant" with the story .. in as much as the viewer as participant gets to utilize his/her thoughts and imaginings.

INCLUDED IN THE ATTACHMENTS are two paintings by N.C. WYETH and one painting by N. ROCKWELL. To my vision, WYETH's
work allows me to be a participant with the painting .. something that some of us find to be enjoyable. ROCKWELL's work
tells nearly everything that cries to be known about the content of his painting. And, as a spectator to ROCKWELL's painting,
I have no need to fire up my imagination or, to send my thoughts into motion. ROCKWELL has done everything FOR me.
And WYETH ?? ...... WYETH allows some blanks to be filled-in by the viewer ... or is the word "Participant" more fitting ?

SO .. my thoughtful readers .. where is all this going ? My response is very-much influenced by the vision of one too-many
THUMB-ASSES ... thumbing away at his/her, handheld, battery-powered, sending/receiving, info/gossip, gaming device ...
all-the-while failing to self-activate any fresh thought OR engage the imagination. To be truthful ... THIS is not a behavior
i would wish for a child.

LET's GET BACK TO Paint.Net ...... have you looked for the THOUGHT or IMAGINATION BUTTON for PDN ?? You won't
find either. But .. the more you use your own .. (like the more you use your perceptual skills, the more powerful your
"Seeing" will be .. as well as your own artwork) .. the depth of your Creative Thought and Imagination will flourish.

.............. patric cafaro

painting .. n.c. wyeth  01.jpg
SPACER
painting .. n.c. wyeth  02.jpg
painting .. n. rockwell  01.jpg

Last edited:
Don't Ride and Decode ... a Backstory

Don't mind tellin' ya ... foolin' with Dropbox as a foto-hosting device is WAY MORE DIFFICULT than anything I have
tried to utilize on Paint.Net. And for those who ask me off the line ... I do not AND have not ever tried or used Photoshop.

READERS ... it's times like these that I wish I had your patience.

..................... patric

Last edited:
Back