When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Paint or powder coat that is the ?

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

Dc76

Finally riding a big boys bike
Hey ladies and gents , I’m relatively new to the game. I’ve grown my collection from one bicycle to about 15 ranging from 1896 to 1959. Love them all for each has its own unique flair. For the most part I do a deep cleaning and wax. My question is and I know it’s a preference , is paint or powder coat. My personal feeling is if it’s a standard color black ,white ,etc. powder coat would protect more being that these bikes are 70 plus years old. I would love for some input to see what everyone feels out there. Leave a comment and thanks ahead of time.

I work at a machine shop where we have the capability to powder coat. The owner of the shop also restores vintage '62 to '64 Honda Scramblers and Hawks. We always go with paint on these vintage bikes. The powder is durable but it just doesn't have the same sheen as paint. I've never tried to decal a powder coated frame, but I've been told that water based decals won't survive on a powdered frame unless they are clear coated. My vote... Paint

I work at a machine shop where we have the capability to powder coat. The owner of the shop also restores vintage '62 to '64 Honda Scramblers and Hawks. We always go with paint on these vintage bikes. The powder is durable but it just doesn't have the same sheen as paint. I've never tried to decal a powder coated frame, but I've been told that water based decals won't survive on a powdered frame unless they are clear coated. My vote... Paint
Thanks for the info 👊🏻

Back