When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Paint remover and chrome

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

Pedals Past

I live for the CABE
Anyone have any experience removing paint from chrome i have a set of triple step chrome rims that are og maroon paint w/white striping and a ND front brake the paint is about 70% there on one and 90% on another but dont match bike and the lit i believe says chrome that I dont want to loose any suggestions?

Paint stripper will remove the paint from the chrome. Just apply and let it bubble. Wipe the paint off with a rag and acetone. Nothing rough or abrasive.
Hopefully nobody sanded the plating for adhesion. If it looks OK than just polish!

Tge plating is thin almost 90 plus years old i try some water base stripper like i use on my varnished boats ..... risky

Citristrip (pink stuff from HD) is what I've used in the past and is pretty mild for a stripper.

I have used Easyoff oven cleaner on chrome very succesfully if the paint was of the rattle can variety. Spray, let sit and then wipe off.

Back