When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Paint remover and chrome

-

Pedals Past

I live for the CABE
Anyone have any experience removing paint from chrome i have a set of triple step chrome rims that are og maroon paint w/white striping and a ND front brake the paint is about 70% there on one and 90% on another but dont match bike and the lit i believe says chrome that I dont want to loose any suggestions?

Paint stripper will remove the paint from the chrome. Just apply and let it bubble. Wipe the paint off with a rag and acetone. Nothing rough or abrasive.
Hopefully nobody sanded the plating for adhesion. If it looks OK than just polish!

Tge plating is thin almost 90 plus years old i try some water base stripper like i use on my varnished boats ..... risky

Citristrip (pink stuff from HD) is what I've used in the past and is pretty mild for a stripper.

I have used Easyoff oven cleaner on chrome very succesfully if the paint was of the rattle can variety. Spray, let sit and then wipe off.

Back