When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Paint to match “radiant blue”?

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

MOBO

'Lil Knee Scuffer
I am helping a friend clean up a 1965 Schwinn Fiesta girls bike which is described in the catalog as being “radiant blue“. Does anyone know a good paint that’s a close color match for touching up scratched places?

I used Duplicolor Perfect Match "Intense Pearl Blue (PB3)" on my '63 Tiger with very good results. Not an exact match, but super close. You can't tell there is a color difference unless you are a couple of inches from the area painted. I ended up masking off all the decals and then over spraying the frame. Just did touch up on the forks. This is a rider, so I was not concerned about ruining the "value" of the bike. It looks much better now than it did with all the scratches and chips in the paint.

1963 Tiger 2017.JPG

I had really good results with Testors metallic on radiant red. You may find the same with the blue. It looks like there are two different blues to chose from. Like with @schwinnlax, my results are very hard to distinguish from the original areas. However, it does depend on how time consuming and detailed you want to be with it.

Get a tiny brush. I worked with it straight and thinned it some just to get it blend in, lay down more and also allow me to work in layers instead of globbing it on. In areas where the paint is chipped all the way down to the primer, it is better to put down the aluminum base first.

I used Duplicolor Perfect Match "Intense Pearl Blue (PB3)" on my '63 Tiger with very good results. Not an exact match, but super close. You can't tell there is a color difference unless you are a couple of inches from the area painted. I ended up masking off all the decals and then over spraying the frame. Just did touch up on the forks. This is a rider, so I was not concerned about ruining the "value" of the bike. It looks much better now than it did with all the scratches and chips in the paint.

View attachment 1055348
Yep, same thing I used to blend a couple areas on my 59 Jaguar Mark IV.
7EE5ABA4-B6F8-4907-B4AF-14AACA33A09C.jpeg

F38FD869-B245-4078-B096-6396683A130B.jpeg

929F9590-7B23-4831-8E94-9DC9A7D13A09.jpeg

Back