When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

painted or chromed Flightliner?

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
I'm asking because I could pick up a painted Flightliner that is in very good shape paint/rust wise but it missing the inside of the light, the bezel and horn as well as the rear light and seat. I can get it for about $200 and was wondering if this was fair and how hard these parts are to find?

I've only collected balloon tire bikes so have no idea on the availability of these items and value.

What do you all think?

Thanks.... Wayne

pic of the bike....what do you think?

Here's what she looks like
flightliner.jpg

Last edited:
Wayne,
My opinion only..... based on the items needed, $150 is high. It does look in good condition though. Haggle and be sure to mention the tank parts could cost a pretty penny to acquire.....haggle I say
$200 is too high.
These parts you need to get tanklight and horn functioning are not easy to find. There are many of us here that are in need of these parts as well....just saying.

I'd hold off and get the complete painted or chromed version. They are listed on CL and eBay quite often.
I'll keep an eye for a nice one for ya.
Canada right?

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Yep Canada but have friends in WA

That would be super.... I am partial to the Schreckengost Spaceliner with the "7" tank and springer but wouldn't mind a Flightliner with springer. No preference to chrome or paint.

I have friends just over the border I have my stuff shipped to and then go and pick it up when I visit so shipping is simple.

Thanks for keeping and eye out.
Wayne

Thanks for keeping and eye out.
Wayne

Sounds painful, be sure to keep it moisturized.

As I understand it, a chrome Spaceliner without a springer is more likely to actually be a Flightliner (unless someone has swapped forks). Another tell is the frame, Spaceliners will have double tubes along the backbone...I believe Flightliners have a single tube here (jd56 and other Flightliner weirdos, er, experts will surely share their 2 cents on this)

I have to admit JD.I do like the boys & version in chrome but have seen only a few painted spaceliners without springers over the years.I do have a springer I picked up but I dont know if I want to alter the bike from the original way it was made.It must have been a cheaper version with no chrome frame and no springer.I still look for a nice chrome one for a reasonable price.

Back