When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Painting a leather saddle is NOT how to restore...

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

pedal4416

Cruisin' on my Bluebird
I bought a bike about 10 years ago that was an amateur restoration and I’m finally getting around to fixing it. The previous “restoration expert” decided to paint the beautiful leather saddle!!! I don’t want to hurt the leather underneath so I’m slowly chipping it away with the corner of a razor blade and you can see I haven’t gotten very far in way too much time. This sucks but it’s part of the journey. If anyone has any suggestions to speed this up with out harming the leather in all ears. I’m trying to stay away from solvents because I hate the mess.

26355146-20F1-4CB5-9521-6B3D06FF9633.jpeg

223F0AF3-187C-43D7-A0E6-FDDCE049E64D.jpeg

AF0F1228-6545-47CD-843E-D1B5EACA0A3D.jpeg

I bought a bike about 10 years ago that was an amateur restoration and I’m finally getting around to fixing it. The previous “restoration expert” decided to paint the beautiful leather saddle!!! I don’t want to hurt the leather underneath so I’m slowly chipping it away with the corner of a razor blade and you can see I haven’t gotten very far in way too much time. This sucks but it’s part of the journey. If anyone has any suggestions to speed this up with out harming the leather in all ears. I’m trying to stay away from solvents because I hate the mess.

View attachment 979925

View attachment 979926

View attachment 979927
Ride it. Wear old pants.

Perhaps a pressure wash would work to get under that paint.
I'm thinking coin-op car wash for a quick try. No soap to be safer
The leather is waterproof and will deserve a treatment regardless after any reveal.
No guarantee and no liability with regards to my ideations.

Back