When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Pair of 1963 varsitys

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Gashep,
So you can make your own judgement, here is a photo of an original cage next to one of the NOS replacements on one of my derailleurs.
The drawing which I saved from somewhere suggests that the replacement may actually be an earlier version. Can't vouch for it's veracity though.

View attachment 1068722

View attachment 1068723
The drawing appears to show the early cage with a later style derailleur (the flat bracket for the later style opposed to the the rod on the earlier version

The drawing appears to show the early cage with a later style derailleur (the flat bracket for the later style opposed to the the rod on the earlier version
But I do know that the nos ones I have seen have the round post so they will work

A quick update, after about 2½ years of off and on looking I finally found a replacement cage, only $10

I found it on Ebay, it seemed like there were multiple available, but I checked last night and found nothing.

Back